14th Day - On the Road Again!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Connecticut » Groton
May 28th 2010
Published: May 28th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Hi All!

We spent the day pretty simply. First we slept in and had breakfast. Then went and did laundry at this really big laundry facility. We finished before noon and then Pam wanted to go and geocache, people have you ever been to New Bergen, New Jersey? Well the streets and traffic are crazy and it is a total night mare! But Pam found the geocache with much frantic heart stopping and brake squeeling episodes. Two boys on a small bike came out of no where and were almost killed in front of our van! They were going down a very steep street! Pam ran over their hat and the boys came to a stop on the other side of the road, but were unharmed from our vehicle. The other, was another vehicle, the other drivers are crazy there. The Freeways in and around Harlem is nuts as well, we got a bit lost and had to turn around in Harlem, wow our hearts were a beating fast on that one! So we then got back on the freeway (turnpikes is what they are called here) and it ended being the wrong one, which we didn't figure out for a few hours. So needless to say we didn't make it to Boston today, we are in Groton, Connecticut tonight. We are now on the correct interstate. We went to Walmart tonight and we picked up more groceries, (we eat out one time a day the rest is out of the back of the car) and bought mayonaise and went looking for the best foods brand. Well on the back of your best foods mayo it says this is known in the east as Herrsmans. Well that is what it is called. Looks the same just a different name on it. Weird. On the back of the bottle we bought it says on the west coast this is called best foods. Well we really didn't get any pictures to call great. I did get another flower picture, but will have to put it on tomorrows, it is bed time. Write Later, Night!

-Heidi

Advertisement



Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0319s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb