Scats and Tracks


Advertisement
Published: July 12th 2008
Edit Blog Post

MeadowMeadowMeadow

The Meadow at Devil's Thumb park

Off for a walk



Whilst Helen was at work this morning the rest of us drove off to Devil's Thumb Park (at around 10,000 feet). On the way we encountered some lumberjacks and were held up for a few minutes whilst they effortlessly moved three trees from out of the middle of the road with a big grabby crane thing (that's the technical term for it!).

There we tracked Moose (there's a moose loose aboot this hoose) by following tracks and scats (that's poo to you guys back home) but unfortunately we didn't get to see any moose just a couple of chipmunks. Nice landscape and beautiful views though. Kids were soon flagging after waking quite early (4.30am for Jack) so we turned back before getting to where there was purported to be a waterfall.

Jack was hankering to play more golf


Back home for lunch and our hosts swapped roles, Rob went off to work and Helen arrived home. A relaxing couple of hours followed before we set off to the golf course to practice our driving (balls not cars).

The kids were desparate to ride in a golf buggy so despite the driving
ScatScatScat

Moose scat - we think!
range being only 50 yards away Helen took Ellie and Mark took Jack for a quick spin. Unfortunately no-one told Jack to hold on and he went an absolute cropper by falling out of the buggy and ripping all the skin off one knee, a hip and an elbow. Two plasters later and he was still up for thwacking a few golf balls.

Food Glorious Food


Another successful session (i.e. we didn't hit any unsuspecting golfers with our errant aim) and then Rob had finished work so off we went to the Untamed Steakhouse for tea (Annabel's choice as Steak was the closest we get to being the state food of Colorado). Mark had Buffalo Meatloaf whilst Annabel downed a 10oz New York Strip, Ellie had chicken fajitas and Jack a cheeseburger ("I love American cheese").





Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Ellie and JackEllie and Jack
Ellie and Jack

Strange Wildlife found in National Park


Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 7; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0368s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1019.9kb