SPAS, TRAINS, HIKING AND ANCIENT SITES IN CO, NM, UT 2014 day 16


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Colorado » Durango
October 7th 2014
Published: January 1st 2016
Edit Blog Post

October 7, 2014

We were up well before breakfast and decided to take advantage of the hot tub just outside the B&B. We donned the provided robes and slippers and took their towels outside with us to soak in the hot jacuzzi. We were thoughtfully given a bottle of water to bring along with us. It was a marvelous way to wake up! We would have enjoyed the hot tub the previous night under the stars but we were too tired from our day’s journey and the roaring fire seemed far too appealing.

The next morning breakfast was served inside with a view to the porch and busy bird feeders. We had an option to eat on the porch but it was too chilly for us. There is good coffee and tea available but what rocked my world was a high tech espresso machine that charged me up for the day. Juice and a yogurt parfait were served at once followed by cheesy scrambled eggs, bacon, sautéed potatoes and cooked tomatoes. I had asked Walter for his chocolate torte recipe and as promised, he emailed it to me, but I would far prefer a return to the this B&B to enjoy this special treat by the fire, or maybe in the hot tub?

Our flight home left Durango late in the afternoon so we lingered at the B&B before driving in for a late lunch (as if we needed to eat again) at the Himalayan Kitchen. This was our second visit to this restaurant and we have found the meals to be consistently delicious. The food is truly authentic and tastes very much like the food we had in Tibet several years ago. We enjoyed the large buffet lunch which was not only plentiful but remarkable in its offerings. I worry about steam tables rather than prepared food and I will say that the individually prepared meals in all cases surpasses the steam table but this was quite good and the food was freshly replaced often. It is nice to have unusual meals that are also authentic. We will be back.

And so ended our journey through Colorado, New Mexico, Utah and back to Colorado. I hope you will take the time to explore these special places when you venture into this wonderful part of our world.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.352s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 17; qc: 72; dbt: 0.1491s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb