Relaxing day in Durango


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Colorado » Durango
July 31st 2009
Published: August 1st 2009
Edit Blog Post

Hillcrest Golf ClubHillcrest Golf ClubHillcrest Golf Club

Beautiful golf course!
We started our day with a round of 18 holes of golf. It was a bit cold when we started at 8 am but by the time we finished at 12:30 pm it was hot and we got a bit sunburned! The golf was fun if not exactly professional quality (in fact FAR from it!) but we had a blast! After golf we went to a lovely café and had a nice lunch and then Ken and Frank went to JC Penney to buy some pillowcases for the pillows we bought (we foolishly didn't bring ours from home!) and Ricci and I went for a nice stroll down Main Street in Durango. This is a beautiful town on the edge of the Rockies with stunning scenery and a real old west feel. When we got home, the guys took a nap and Ricci and I visited. My aunts and uncles are terrific people - ALL of them! We had a great BBQ dinner of steak, baked potatoes and corn on the cob and enjoyed a few beers before turning in early! Tomorrow we head south again going as far as Socorro, NM.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Ricci and Frank's back yardRicci and Frank's back yard
Ricci and Frank's back yard

7 am in the morning!


1st August 2009

Keeping Up
I'm keeping up with your travels.... such a beautiful route. I know you're having a GREAT time!

Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0368s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb