David's 5 Year Birthday Party


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Colorado » Castle Rock
July 19th 2016
Published: June 14th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 39.3759, -104.86

We all slept fairly well. G'mommy and G'daddy stayed in the main/queen size bed and Glenn and I stayed in the bunk bed room. Glenn slept on the floor.

We went to bed around 9 or 10. G'mommy was hot, but we knew that during the night, it turns really cold.

When everyone woke up, I fixed English muffins for mom and Dad. They went out on the porch and ate outside. G'mommy put her make-up on at the breakfast table.

We then drove towards Ellen's house but not on I25. We took 83 which parallels the interstate. Since we had enough time, I chose to do a letterbox in a cemetery off of Spring Valley Road.

This is what I wrote on Atlas Quest to record the Letterbox.

Amazing. We had enough time to drive off of the hiway to look for this
LB. We followed the clues. And as we were following the last clues, my
husband looked over and noticed a tombstone "McCune" and we both looked
at each other and couldn't believe it. Our good friend, Ken McCune,
whom we worked with together in the 90's in Bolivia, it was his parent's grave site.
We knew his father had a large ranch in Black Forest area, and his
mother had already passed. So, it was a "God-send" to stumble across
our friend's parent's tomb stone. We immediately called our friends to
verify the facts. Sure enough. So besides the fact we found a great
letterbox, we also were able to view our friend's parent's grave site.
The cemetery is really grown over, but the find was a special one for
us. Thanks. Unbelievable. Thanks.

After getting gasoline for the RAV 4, we arrived at Ellen and Luke's place with the kids hugging each of us and also G'mommy and G'daddy. We immediately opened the birthday presents. Beverly had sent some presents along with Sherrie. Plus Sherrie had presents for Emily and Lucy. David really liked the remote control car.

We ate lunch (left over's from Rudy) and Ellen had made some chicken caserole (Sherrie's recipe). We all went out side for David to play with his toys. G'mommy and G'daddy sat in the gliding swing. He even fell asleep in g'mommy's lap.

G'daddy sat on his reading glasses, so we had to leave a few minutes earlier for the airport, and we stopped by Dollar Tree. We got to the Denver Airport in plenty of time. Mom and Dad both used the wheel chairs to Southwest gate.

Glenn and I drove back to Ellen's house and had supper there and then packed the 3 kids in the white van and drove to the Shelter Pines. We immediately put the kids down. Hopefully, they'll be sleeping soon.




Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



20th July 2016

Judy - this is nice. I will read it to Mother soon. Good work.

Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 33; dbt: 0.0276s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb