Best First Time Cruises With Teenagers: How to Make a Right Choice And How To Pay For It


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Colorado » Boulder
March 9th 2024
Published: March 9th 2024
Edit Blog Post

When you start planning a cruise with teenagers, it's easy to get confused, especially when you're new to it. And the more you search online for the best first-time cruises, the harder it is to make a choice because there are too many options.

To choose a cruise for yourself and not be disappointed in the end, it's best to start by determining your interests. Some cruises are better suited for party and nightlife lovers. Other cruises are designed for foodies and maximize the emphasis just on cuisine. Apart from the purpose, you will have to decide on the amount you are willing to spend and the desired duration.

However, there are a few cruise companies that will definitely satisfy you.

Best Beginner Cruises




Each cruise line has its own advantages and disadvantages. Choosing the perfect one for first-time cruisers can take a long time. Here are the best cruise lines where you can find something that is right for you.

Norwegian Cruise Line

Norwegian Cruise Line is a revolutionary in the world of cruising. They were the first to move away from traditional standards, giving way to innovation. Nevertheless, the share of classics on board the Norwegian Cruise Line is still present.

On 14 company fleet liners, you will find standard cruise entertainment: swimming pools, water parks, sports games, and discos. But Norwegian Cruise Line believes that this is not enough for a good cruise. That's why the liners host Broadway musicals, comedy shows, live music performances, and much more. The cruise is ideal for both your vacation and will keep your teenagers busy so that they are not just bored, but delighted. For nightlife lovers, the liners offer clubs, lounges, parties, and theme nights.

In addition, Norwegian Cruise Line is known for its regular promotions, making the trips even more tempting.

Disney Cruise Line

Disney cruises are the perfect option for families with children or teenagers. Because they will get a huge amount of entertainment, and parents will be able to relax. In addition, even the cabins take into account the needs of children of different ages, which is quite rare.

If you decide to step on board the Disney liner, you can be sure that your children will be delighted, no matter how old they are. There are even water areas on the liner for children in diapers. And the fact that the Disney Cruise Line presents a huge number of themed playgrounds based on its own movies, games, and cartoon characters and not to speak of.

But it is worth taking into account that on these liners, there are always a lot of children, noise, and fun. Relaxing in the library's silence or making a couple of bets in the casino will not work - they simply do not exist on Disney Cruise Line.

Carnival Cruise Line

Carnival Cruise Line is the perfect budget vacation without sacrificing entertainment for traveling with teenagers. Carnival Cruise Line tours last from three to seven days, which makes them more affordable and increases the number of hot deals available.

Carnival Cruise Line has equipped its liners with the maximum amount of entertainment, from casinos and discos to spas. Nevertheless, children are also taken on board. Moreover, for their leisure, Carnival cruise ships have places for care and games, and the staff can even change diapers for babies. And this is something to consider for people who don't want to spend their vacation surrounded by children. Make sure that your tour does not fall during school vacations.

Celebrity Cruises

Celebrity Cruises are great for first-time cruisers, especially for those who want a relaxed and measured vacation and love "modern luxury." This is a term that perfectly describes Celebrity Cruises, which has some of the most luxurious liners in the world. Perhaps your teenagers will be a little bored here, but only if they are not passionate about cooking or just gourmets. Then you and they will get real pleasure.

For foodies, Celebrity is a true paradise. Food is the key to Celebrity's success; they have literally taken it to a new level among cruise lines. Even though the basis of the cruise is visiting cruise ports, you'll do your best to eat right on the liner.

Royal Caribbean International

Royal Caribbean is the perfect cruise vacation for teens and their parents. And it's also one of the best cruise lines for first-time cruisers. Royal Caribbean cruise ships have everything you need for teens and their irrepressible energy. You can find roller skating areas, skydiving or surfing simulators, and various sports games there. In addition, it will be interesting not only for teenagers but also for people in general who prefer active vacations.

Royal Caribbean is no less suitable for party lovers with its DJs and cocktails. Plus, Royal Caribbean cruise ships offer Broadway shows on ice, acrobatic and gymnastic performances, and more. Both teens and their parents will definitely not be bored.

MSC Cruises

If you want to spend your cruise vacation on a beautiful liner while taking a bit of a break from American culture, MSC cruises are a perfect fit.

As an Italian company, MSC Cruise will be different from American companies, primarily because of the food. So, for a taste of something not quite familiar, MSC is a great choice, especially in combination with stunning interiors and very democratic prices.

From entertainment on board, everything you need for a good vacation - swimming pools, water slides, even ropes courses. So it will be an unusual and unforgettable vacation for the whole family.

Holland America Line

For solo travelers and older adults, Holland America Line is a great fit. They captivate with a commitment to the classics, relaxed but fulfilling vacations, and opportunities for self-fulfillment.

Holland America Line cruises offer opportunities to learn to cook, enjoy art collections and lectures on culture and history.

Lonely travelers can find companionship on a cruise, as Holland America Line encourages this in every way possible. The company matches roommates and even provides individual cabins if you need maximum privacy.

First Cruises: How to Choose the Best Cruise for First Timers




If our short descriptions didn't help and you still can't decide on a cruise ship, it doesn't matter. Identify the most important points for your first cruise and focus your search on them. Here are the main points to pay attention to.

Cost

The cost of the cruise consists of the cruise fare, port charges, and tips. And also depends on the following factors.

●Class of the cruise company. Conventionally, cruise companies can be divided into classes - Economy, Standard, and Luxury.

●The dates of construction of the cruise liner, the older the liner, the cheaper the cost is

●Airfare, the cost is lower if you buy your ticket in advance.

●Route and duration of the cruise. For example, short cruises on the Mediterranean Sea can cost you 299 euros per passenger.

●Promotions from cruise companies and early booking. We have long known and used the services of early booking, which allows you to significantly reduce the cost of the fare. Also, keep an eye out for promotions from cruise companies, which often make a 50%!d(MISSING)iscount for the second and third passenger in the cabin, the "Kids Free" promotion. Also, promotional offers are valid for services on board, which allows you to save significantly on drinks on the cruise (alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks on the liners are paid).

Can I Get a Loan for a Cruise

Cruises can be quite an expensive type of vacation. You can turn to loans for help if you need more than your savings.

You shouldn't feel bad if your credit score isn't too high. Many lending services, like 1F Cash Advance, offer loan options for those who have a poor credit history. A personal or vacation loan can cover the cost of a flight or the full cost of your chosen cruise. Vacation loans with bad credit will cost a little more, but you can enjoy your cruise vacation to the fullest.

Accommodation

An important and quite large part of the cruise is the accommodation. Essentially, it's not just transportation but also a hotel. As with a hotel, the class of the cruise ship is indicated by the number of stars. However, there are certain differences here. But there is no unified and generally accepted classification of ships. Usually, it is determined by tour operators and can reach not five but six stars.

The number of staff and passengers ratio determines the service level on the ship. On ships of the category "Lux," this ratio is 1:2 or 1:1.5.

On the ship, tourists are accommodated in cabins equipped with all the necessary amenities. Usually, there are four main types of cabins: internal (without a porthole), cabin with a porthole overlooking the sea, cabin with a balcony overlooking the sea, and suite (or suite).

The inside cabin is the most budget-friendly option. There is no need to fear claustrophobia: as a rule, interior cabins have several mirrors, which visually expand the room. This option is ideal for those who do not want to overpay on a trip and intend to spend only a night in the cabin.

In addition, the class and cost of the cabin will vary depending on the deck (cabins located on the upper decks are considered more comfortable) and the location on the ship (the closer to the center, the less rocking, which means they will be more expensive).

So, first of all, determine what kind of living conditions you want on your cruise.

Entertainment

The entertainment offered on the ship is equally important. After all, unlike a hotel, you will have to spend a significant part of the trip on the high seas. So it is worth worrying about leisure time in advance. After all, all liners have a different entertainment program for the walk.

For example, many high-class ships offer a full set of sports entertainment: ice rink, miniature golf course, basketball court and boxing ring, and several swimming pools. But even lower-class ships have a fitness center, swimming pool, jogging tracks, and a climbing wall.

Pay attention to the presence of other entertainment facilities on the ship: theaters or cinemas, dance clubs, casinos, and video game rooms. For example, some ships have theater halls. However, what will be shown in the theater is a separate question. On some cruises, the organizers promise to show famous Broadway musicals; on others, they may limit themselves to local amateur performances.

Meal

Meals on the ship are fully included in the price of the cruise, so you can eat or snack at any time. The exception is dinner in the ship's main restaurant, which is served at a certain time. If you want to dine in the so-called "alternative" restaurant, with a higher level of service and exquisite dishes prepared according to the standards of "haute cuisine," then the table will have to be booked in advance, and this service will be paid for.

Many cruise ships have a number of different restaurants and cafes to maximize the variety of meals, giving you access to different cuisines of the world and the opportunity to immerse yourself in the culture of another country.

Direction

The choice of destination depends entirely on your preferences. For travelers interested in history and architecture, Mediterranean cruises are suitable. In addition, such a cruise may include a visit to the Canary Islands. For those who are attracted to Northern Europe and the beauty of its nature, suitable cruises in Scandinavia, during which you can admire the Norwegian fjords and mountain panoramas.

Popular cruise destinations include cruises around Australia and New Zealand, Alaska, visiting various islands. And for families with children, there are special routes of cruises "in Lego style" with visits to amusement parks and thematic excursions.

Some cruise routes involve non-standard tourist entertainment - the opportunity to see whales in the wild. Such voyages take place off the coasts of the USA, South America, Australia, and southern Africa.

Season

September through May is the best time to cruise the Caribbean and the Bahamas. Mexican Riviera cruises depart from California ports. In the winter season, cruises on the Persian Gulf from Dubai are especially popular; they are 7-day itineraries with visits to Oman, Abu Dhabi (UAE), and Qatar.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0325s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb