Soft landings


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Colorado » Aspen
February 22nd 2013
Published: February 22nd 2013
Edit Blog Post

The thing that you quickly come to realize about powder is how much you can throw your body around, come a complete cropper and get up smiling. Seriously it is almost impossible to hurt yourself falling into powder. Once you learn that, a door opens into another dimension.

"You're traveling through another dimension, a dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind. A journey into a wondrous land whose boundaries are that of imagination. That's the signpost up ahead - your next stop, the Twilight Zone"

The other dimension is rather the ungroomed runs, but the rest is true.

Went to bed with snow falling and again this morning it was still snowing and then throughout the day. There is fun to be had busting through a bank of powder and surviving. Although I can quite understand the complete disinterest of the uninitiated.

I imagine the unending litany of "got up, went skiing, had a pleasant time, ate, went to bed" can become pretty tiresomeanother to say repetative so I will spare all comment on skiing unless it is just too too sensational to avoid.

There are forty people in the group most of whom are Kiwis, when my body is a little more energetic I will dissect each of them had try to confine my acerbic remarks to those who deserve them.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.096s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0422s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb