5 San Francisco Adventures


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California
May 25th 2015
Published: May 25th 2015
Edit Blog Post

San Francisco is one of the most attractive cities in the United States. It's also a great place to visit if you want a good family day out, and and here are just a few things to do and see while you're there.

San Francisco Duck Tour

One of the most enjoyable ways to get around San Francisco is via the city's land/water duck boats. These unique vehicles can take the family across San Francisco Bay and then zoom out of the water to take you on a tour of the city itself! The journey will last around 90 minutes, and there's the chance to drive the Duck too. Though your guide will give you factual information about San Francisco, the fun will not be far away. There'll be music - and making duck noises on the journey with the help of appropriate mouth pieces is always encouraged! Save money on the tour with this handy coupon.

Golden Gate Bridge

One of the most famous bridges anywhere in the world, the Golden Gate Bridge is not only highly impressive, but it has two beautiful parks close to it too. Sidewalks also make it easy for pedestrians to take a leisurely stroll along the side of this iconic bridge, while there are guided walking tours twice a week, plus electric bike tours. The Golden Gate Outlook can also be utilized for breathtaking views of both the bridge itself and San Francisco.

California Academy of Sciences

This is a place that educates and entertains, and which is home to a natural history museum, aquarium, planetarium, and even a mini rainforest. The scientists and presenters at the academy have a passion for the natural world, and visiting the academy can make that passion infectious.

The Walt Disney Family Museum

Though dedicated to probably the greatest figure in the history of movie animation, the Walt Disney Museum is more than just a tribute to Walt Disney. It's very children friendly, as you'd expect, but there are regular exhibitions here that highlight the work of gifted photographers and artists. While the museum galleries are a sequential look at Disney's life, from his childhood to the latter years of his career.

Exploratorium

Science can be fun, and the Exploratorium certainly shows this. Hundreds of exhibits are housed here in six different galleries, and each gallery contains a number of interactive exhibits. Among the interactive exhibits are a fog machine and a shadow box which allows you to catch a moment in time.

San Francisco is one of the coolest cities around - have a great time!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.442s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.1046s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.4mb