Eduardos Mexican Restaurant


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California
May 28th 2009
Published: May 28th 2009
Edit Blog Post

EduardosEduardosEduardos

Not too fancy, so you know the food is good.
After an appointment near downtown Corona, Donna and I drove west on 6th, looking for someplace local for lunch. Donna spotted Eduardo’s Mexican Restaurant. The crowds and full parking lot got her attention along with the flower garden outside. The surrounding auto repair shops and overall industrial feel of the neighborhood assured us we’d found a true southern California treasure. Salvador met us at the door and immediately seated us in one of the many booths. It was clean, had earth tones, and proper ambiance. Donna asked directions to the bathrooms. Based on that, Salvador correctly guessed this was our first visit and offered a mini-orientation of the restaurant and menu. He is the brother of Eduardo and the personal pride of family ownership clearly showed in his enthusiasm. The waitresses wore uniforms and smiles. Ours immediately delivered fresh hot chips and salsa. We ordered from the lunch menu ($5.95 to $7.95) Donna enjoyed Carnitas (at advice of our waitress, who looked toward heaven upon mentioning how good they were ). I ordered shrimp cooked in butter and garlic. They were served in the shell, but worth the extra work. Both dishes were served with fresh rice, beans, and tortillas. Guacamole came with Donna’s dish. She could not finish her carnitas, so I got the rest. They were excellent, and prepared as carnitas should be - crispy and tasty on the outside and moist and tender inside. We will return again to this clean, friendly, restaurant to explore the rest of the menu. Location: 513 W 6th Street (northwest corner of 6th and Merrill - east of Grand).

Advertisement



Tot: 0.042s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0242s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb