Almost homeward bound


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California
July 25th 2008
Published: July 25th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Our holiday is now only hours from completion. Can't believe it really. We have had a wonderful time and had some great experiences. We went to Universal Studios yesterday which was great. More of a theme park than I remember it being last time in 1976, but it was still a lot of fun. The queues were nowhere near as bad as Disneyland and Knotts Berry Farm, so it feels like we packed a lot into the day. Also, despite the heat (about 35 degrees Celcius), they have these huge fans and light spray jets of water everywhere, so you really didn't notice the heat. Universal Studios is about an hours drive south of Anaheim and I was rather surprised with the part of L.A and Hollywood that I saw. It really is quite an ugly city and very grotty. Lots of litter lining the sides of the road. Obviously another city of extremes, it seems strange that all these celebrities flock here and there is obviously incredible wealth here, but I don't really know why as it is certainly not an attractive place. I know the rich live in a different spot to what we saw, but you think they would have a place for the rich and famous in a nice city!! Anyway, each to their own, I suppose.

So today, back to Disneyland and then we fly home tonight. The story about the Qantas 747 having to make an emergency landing due to a huge hole in the fuselage and all these corrosion claims in the 747's is not really the story that I wanted to hear about on the day we are about to board one to travel 14 hours home. Ahh, no point worrying about such things hey.

Anyway, I'm off to Disneyland

Love Fiona.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

FacadesFacades
Facades

This is in the area (foreground) where the fire was last month.


Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0387s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.4mb