The 1st leg...the states


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California
March 1st 2008
Published: March 1st 2008
Edit Blog Post

So we made it to the states all in one piece! Did quite a lot of stuff in San Fran despite slightly iffy weather. Visited alcatraz, the famous priosn on the island, would have been awful to have stayed there, was horrible. Went to pier 39, Fishermans wharf, china town, the golden gate bridge (after a few buses in the wrong direction!), lombard street (the hills are so steep the road has almost 90 degree bends so the cars can get down...was an absolute mission to walk up!) Met some fun people in the hostel, played some drinking games (which ended a bit messily as always!..but had a really good nite out on sat with a bunch of ozzie guys and their mascot (a teddy dressed in a cricket outfit, bit odd!).

Headed south to LA on monday and have been here since. A cool city but full of totally odd characters, its like being on a different planet! Its been really sunny and hot here so we have all been loving that! Have done the touristy stuff like the walk of fame, a trip to beverly hills and rodeo drive, been to see the handprints of the stars in the pavement and stuff. Also went rollerblading along venice beach to santa monica which was so much fun, like being a big kid again. And no one fell over which was a result. Went to a hurrendeous comedy nite in the hostel with some english guys we met at a bbq...was shockingly awful stuff but had a good nite all the same! Yesterday we went to universal studios which was really good. Having a chilled day today and then flying to fiji 2nite. Beach here we come!

Hope everyone at home is ok. Will post photos in fiji or after fiji (when i can basically!!) Bye for now.

Advertisement



3rd March 2008

Woweeee- jealousy!!
Hello girls- Glad to hear that you are having an amazing time- am thinking of you lots Katie as I do the 9-5...hmmm... Also am happy that there are lots of mentions of 'groups of lads' etc- sounding good! Am looking forward to your next update to take me away from the dull reality of Uk life for a little while.... Lots love xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Tot: 0.098s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0391s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb