Stumbling out of the gate.


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California
October 4th 2007
Published: October 7th 2007
Edit Blog Post

So we started off rather stumbly on this trip, our first with our seventeen-month-old son, Harry. After a week of worrying about a chicken pox scare that turned out to be a false alarm, we packed our bags and headed out for the train station. Due to overbooking, the "town car" that the shuttle company had promised us turned out to be a stretch limo . I think that's when I knew we had overpacked. All our luggage fit in the trunk of the limo, all except Harry's jogging stroller. That rode in the cabin with us. I mentally started thinking of a contingency in case we couldn't get everything into a taxi in L.A. We also discovered that the handy dandy collapsible car seat that we had picked up was missing a piece and that we would have to take a full sized car seat.

We arrived at King Street station and checked our baggage (including the car seat and jogger. I apparently made it in right under the deadline. I raced back to the boarding door just as they announced boarding for sleeping car passengers. With some help from Donald, the car attendant, we got on board with our toddelr and our luggage and got settled into the compartment that would be our home for the next 37 hours.

Next episode: In Training

Advertisement



Tot: 0.119s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 44; dbt: 0.088s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.4mb