Well.... When the hell will i get internet


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California
September 2nd 2005
Published: September 2nd 2005
Edit Blog Post

wassup dawgs! (My California Slang)

Well i cant even remember what i wrote the last time because it was so long ago. Im currently at the Sonoma County Library because we still dont have any type of internet at the house, and that is mainly because the guy that was suppose to put it in got fired, so that sortta sucks, but hopefully soon i can put some piccies up to show all of you what the area we are in looks like.

Ok so the day i left from Kentucky.... what a disaster, Steve got my flight changed from cincinnati to Lexington because the airport is like 10 minutes down the road and he had to work on the weekend, and i was like thats cool because i didnt really feel like driving an hour to the airport and ways. I got there at 5 30am and checked in and headed up to the plane to find out the great news that the indicator was rooted! I really dont understand why we couldnt fly because of a damn indicator but there was no-one there to fix it so we waited in hope a miracle would happen. And it.....didnt! so united airlines had to reroute all the passangers from this plane to other airlines so we might arrive at our final destination on time. So instead of heading to Chicargo, i flew further away to Detriot! i what like hey Rove...What The? so we flew there and that was already 3 hours late than i wanted to be, pluys i had to fly NWA (North West Airlines) and im not gonna sensor this because they were the biggest peice of shit airline i have ever been on in my LIFE! And it was really nice of them to give me the extra leg room i got on United... NOT! If for some reason i come back in a wheel chair u can thank the friendly staff at North West Airlines.

Ok enough about the flight, i finally arrived at San Francisco Airport at 3 30pm and that was 3 hours later that i thought and Sally had been sitting there from 4.5 hours wonder what the hell happened to me. I was very excited to see her, but she was very shaken up which was understandable, thankyou United! We found the Airport shuttle bus that took us to Santa Rosa and got on that and made our way to the Flamingo hotel. The hotel seemed very nice but we were both so tired we just went and had long showers and went to bed, as we had to be up at 9am to start the conference.

So after a reasonably good nights sleep we went to the conference and completed all the paper work and met some nice people and Ate a really nice lunch. Tiffany (from Geyser PeaK) came to pick up the gang to head to where we would be living the bigt brother house for the next 3 months. The group consists of Karl Schiller (Barossa Valley, Ex Faith Boy) Dan (McLaren Vale, SA) Will (Melbourne, Vic) Welma (South Africa) Leonardo (Chilli) Etienne (France) James (New Zealand) and Simon (England). So there is 8 of us staying in a house across the road from the winery and 3 people about 5 minutes away in Geyserville.

We started work and for the next 3 days went through everything like safety and equipment and tours and tastings and then came Thursday night.... and as we didnt have to work friday it was Karoke at the local bar (about 15min walk) and man did we destroy this place lol.... Australians are the loudest bunch of drunks you will ever see... So after i sang some ACDC and a bit of Jessies Girl i really didnt have much of my voice left and we headed home to sleep it off. Friday became a very quite day as most people were not feeling that great including myself and Sal so it was laying around in the sun.

On Saturday, Leonardo and Etienne drove over and picked Sally and I up and we headed for a day in San Francisco, so with some great pics of the golden gate bridge (Will insert when internet arrives) we went into one of the crappiest areas ive seen a while to park... so as we decided quickly to leave that area we caught a bus to Fishmans Walf which is a really nice tourist area where we had some beers and gazed upon the Rock (Alcatraz) but as we found out you have to book a tour because they fill up so quick, so we decided to do that another day. WIth some more pictures we found out we couldnt stay the night because you have to book to stay as well so we drove back to geyserville to drink what was left of the nighty and retire to bed.

Sunday was a quite day, of which we heaed to Lake Sonoma for a swim and then some drinks in the sun at home. Then back to work this week to where we are now. So that is the low down of what has been happening.....

Love to hear from you all and what is happening in Australia (as we have no TV) my email is mrgopu@homtail.com for anyone that may have misplaced it.

Love you all and ill talk to u again soon.

Love Big T, Tony, Tones or whatever else you wish to call me.

Advertisement



2nd September 2005

SanFrancisco
A young boy like you needs to be careful in SF!Remember,if you drop your keys kick them into the next city before you bend over to pick them up! =0

Tot: 0.281s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0558s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.4mb