Basic Guide to Traveling With Your Vehicle During the Holidays


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California
November 28th 2021
Published: November 28th 2021
Edit Blog Post





There’s a lot going on in December that can impact the availability and cost of auto transport services. To begin with, there's Thanksgiving. This is another popular time for people to be traveling to stay with family.

Holiday shipping might be quite hard but this article would help sort out almost all challenges you might probably face. One of the major reasons for these challenges is due to unavailability of the auto transport business, but that doesn't mean that cars don't get shipped during the holidays.

If you’re shipping during any of the major holiday seasons, we highly recommend speaking to your car shipping representative before you actually have your vehicle picked up, to understand more about their policies and procedures regarding vehicles shipped during a major holiday season.

Below, therefore, is the guide you need if you want to ship your vehicle during the holidays:


1. First get in touch with the auto transport company of your choice




There are lots of vehicle transportation services but it can be difficult to spot the good ones.

The first thing to do in order to avoid festive auto transport headaches is to consult a reliable auto transport company. As you make your choice selecting a shipping company, it is strongly advised that you do thorough research, including reading online reviews.

So when you go on vacation, you have the opportunity to explore the area comfortably in your own vehicle.


2. Be aware of Christmas break




The break between Christmas and New year is one of the tough times of the year to book auto transport services.

Many of the carriers are not operating this time and most drivers choose to take breaks, so as to spend time with their families. It is always better to prepare and arrange for shipment some days before the Christmas period.


3. Book an earlier shipment




Check for the importance of booking auto transport early. This actually would involve you planning ahead. If you schedule your car at least two weeks in advance, your car would arrive on time during the holiday season.

However, if you decide not to ship earlier you may be forced to settle for a higher price out of necessity. Planning ahead may save you from high payment stress and also give you the opportunity to find the best Auto transport dealer.


4. Avoid shipping a day after thanksgiving




Shipping after Thanksgiving can be hectic for you, especially if it's the day after the festive period. Many companies across the auto transport industry close a day after Thanksgiving as an extension of their holiday, and most especially car haulers might not be available to ship your car until after the weekend.

However, the best thing is to prepare yourself ahead by having a strong backup plan in case your shipment does not go the way you want.

Anyways, even during thanksgiving, some cheap car shipping company will definitely come to your rescue by responding to you at any time. But be prepared to pay a little extra than the normal amount.


5. Prepare for holiday shipping price




It's hard not to get overwhelmed by the holiday rush and settle for the first opportunity that comes along. But as urgent as you may need to ship your car, you still don’t want to be taken advantage of. To avoid unnecessary fuss during holiday auto transport, it’s important to ask the right questions and understand how the car shipping price is calculated.

Besides the type of vehicle and its condition, type of service, and distance, it’s important to take into account the current supply and demand situation. And the best way to do that is by manually tracking price fluctuations on national dispatch boards.


Conclusion




The true fact about the shipping process is that it can be simple and stress-free and it can also be complicated and frustrating, it all depends on how prepared you are for your vehicle to be picked up and delivered.

If you are looking to transport your vehicle interstate or across the country during this festive period, consider using a highly reputable Car Shipping Carrier - this would save you time and stress as well as ensure that your car reaches you or its destination safely!













Image Credit: Pixabay.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.149s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0519s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.4mb