Yosemite National Park


Advertisement
Published: April 8th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Yosemite


Icy RoadsIcy RoadsIcy Roads

Hwy 120 inside Yosemite National Park
Shreya and I visited Yosemite National Park valley on the weekend of March 29, 2008. This was Shreya's first visit and my fifth or sixth visit. I'm really glad that I have the annual pass 😊. I can't stop getting more amazed with the place every time I visit!

This is early spring; all the waterfalls are at their best! Not all the snow was melted yet; hence roads to the Glacier Point and Tioga Pass are still closed. We ended up spending one day in the valley itself. However, I will suggest people not to miss visiting Yosemite in spring. The waterfalls in the valley will surely leave you speechless. Yosemite Falls is at its max; so is the Bridalveil Falls. Yosemite Falls is almost active round the year; however, Bridalveil Fall dries up late summer.

Both falls are accessible through approximately ½ mile walking trails from respective parking lots. Bridalveil Falls is a 600 feet drop. Yosemite Falls is divided into three parts: Upper Yosemite Falls (~1400 feet drop), intermediate cascades, and Lower Yosemite Falls (~320 feet drop). It is more famous amongst the two. There is a lodge located right near the falls. This lodge also features a food court and starting point of the Valley Floor Tour.

Valley floor tour is highly recommended for those who have only a day or two and want a guided tour of the valley in the open trolleys!! However, they are available April through August only. Rest of the time the open trolley is replaced by a luxury bus… Unfortunately, they were operating the tour in bus that weekend; so, we decided to explore the valley on our own!

We also visited the Native American village exhibit near the visitor center and several other vista points in the valley including El Captain monolith and Sentinel bridge.

We had to go to a caving adventure on the next day; so we decided to stay at America's Best Value Inn at Buck Meadows on Hwy 120.

Some useful links:
Yosemite National Park
Yosemite Accommodation

Where to stay:
Yurts at Yosemite Lakes
Curry Village heated tents and cabins
Yosemite View Lodge

Where to eat:
Café and Pizzeria at Curry Village
Food court at the Lodge at Yosemite Falls
Several places at the city of Groveland, Hwy 120



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

YosemiteYosemite
Yosemite

Panoramic view of the Yosemite Falls from the Sentinel bridge


Tot: 0.128s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 11; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0649s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb