Yosemite National Park


Advertisement
Published: March 14th 2008
Edit Blog Post

The most beautiful place we've ever seen - in the words of Steve "this is what you imagine heaven to look like", Yosemite is just amazing the photos do not do it justice!

Once you get inside Yosemite National Park you drive for about 1 hour through amazing forest where you see all types of wildlife including Deer (but thankfully we didnt see Yogi Bear & his pals).

Then your jaw drops as you drive through a tunnel in a mountain & you come out the other side into the "valley" floor where you are surrounded by spectacular cliffs that are made out of pure granite.

Our heated tent was literally in the snow under the trees, and after some light hiking we were lucky enough to see the giant Sequoia trees the largest trees on the planet (approx 115m tall x 7m wide). Yosemite is definitely my favourite place!


Additional photos below
Photos: 40, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Check out the "Bear Box" outside every tentCheck out the "Bear Box" outside every tent
Check out the "Bear Box" outside every tent

You have to keep all food & toiletries in there at all times so the bears dont break into your tent looking for food. The bears can even rip locked car doors off their hinges so you cant keep anything in your car!


Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0438s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb