Yosemite


Advertisement
Published: October 21st 2007
Edit Blog Post

Bob's wasn't playing  up there,Bob's wasn't playing  up there,Bob's wasn't playing up there,

he was looking for the best spot for the booster thing.
Great news: we got a wi-fi signal booster (it may have a different name, but you get it, right?) and now we have computer in our motor home! It boosts the signal enough that everyone gets it inside now! Yay!

If it’s Friday, it must be tour day! We went to Yosemite National Park, which is about 70 miles away…70 s-l-o-w miles. We’d heard that weather was supposed to move in, so we left here at 9:00 thinking we’d have to leave the park early, but sure enough, the weather guessers were wrong again~~it was warm and still all day! The park is gorgeous right now, with the leaves falling like raindrops, and so many many different colors. There is no water in the falls…that’s mostly a spring thing any more. We spent quite a bit of time driving and looking at the sights. They don't have any tours available now, because it's past tourist time. We definitely want to go back in the spring.

I’m going to put on some pictures, and then if I can figure out how to add pictures to the gallery, I’ll just put some in there that are just scenery pictures. There are
DomeDomeDome

It's the name of the rock!
so many that I couldn’t choose which ones you want to see, so I’ll put on most of them~~it’s your lucky day!!




Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

Half DomeHalf Dome
Half Dome

Not hard to see where they got this name!
El CapitanEl Capitan
El Capitan

Those are the only three I can name. I can hear your sighs of relief!
The rock is rugged becauseThe rock is rugged because
The rock is rugged because

it was above the glacier line, therefore wasn't smoothed by the shifting ice.
Not as smokyNot as smoky
Not as smoky

The breeze had come up, and the air cleared.
There was smoke in the air, There was smoke in the air,
There was smoke in the air,

but we don't know what from. It didn't smell strong, but put a beautiful tinge on the views.
Tip of the WorldTip of the World
Tip of the World

This was outside the park, with the elevation a little over 5000'.


Tot: 0.34s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 61; dbt: 0.2313s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb