Beautiful Nature


Advertisement
Published: May 15th 2014
Edit Blog Post

An early breakfast in the hotel was followed by a drive into Yosemite park. We started with El Capitan which is a huge rock formation that a lot of people like to rock climb on. We then drove along to Glacier Point which is a viewpoint from where you can see most of the park. We then drove on to Mariposa Grove which is the home of the giant sequoias. There is a huge tree there called the 'Fallen Monarch' which is basically one of the giant sequoias that has fallen down. We walked on a little further till we came across the Grizzly Giant which is one of the largest trees in the grove and is apparently over 1,800 years old! Another short walk and we arrived at the California tunnel tree which had a hole cut in it back in 1895 so that horse drawn carriages could go through it. We returned to the car and drove down to Curry Village to have our tea. The whole area was very busy and full of people due to the fact a lot of people camp there. Overall the day was very eye-opening about the beauty of nature.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.049s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 41; dbt: 0.0291s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb