Yosemite National Park


Advertisement
Published: September 19th 2012
Edit Blog Post

View from tunnel over valleyView from tunnel over valleyView from tunnel over valley

from left to right: El Capitan,Clouds Rest,Half Dome,Sentinel Rock, Sentinel Dome,Cathedral Rocks and Bridalveil Falls
Yosemite

We were originally booked into a cabin but on arrival at the park gates we received warning pamphlets about the Hantavirus outbreak that’s been on the news for a few weeks, a rare but serious disease that can be fatal.. so after checking out the cabin – which would have been awesome under normal conditions the decision was made to find other accommodation, it was getting dark, there were road works, we didn’t know our way around and most places were fully booked!

We found even better accommodation at Tanya Lodge, an amazing resort with wonderful views and outdoor activities on offer. We were surrounded by trees and only a couple of miles outside the actual park. The air was so fresh and crisp; I wish I could have bottled the air!

We went for a day trip through the park and once we popped out the other end of the Yosemite tunnel we were met by awesome views of the Yosemite Valley from the South, it looks like a valley of trees but once we drove through the park along the valley floor we discovered meadows running through the valley. The tunnel view stop is an essential one, it gives you an awesome view of most of the big names to look out for – El-Capitan, Clouds Rest, Half Dome, Sentinel Rock, Sentinel Dome, Cathedral Rocks and Bridalveil Fall. There is so much to see and do, there are over 100 lakes, many waterfalls, huge trees and even a few beaches to chill out on and of course the mountains!

Mariposa Grove

This is home to the 2700 year old Grizzly Giant Sequoia; it is about 63.7meters tall, circumference at base 29.5m. There were so many more giants, one could easily forget about time and just wonder around for hours or even days admiring these ancient giants! Awesome creation!


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement

Grizzly GiantGrizzly Giant
Grizzly Giant

not a good foto, will upload a better one soon
awesome views!awesome views!
awesome views!

I So wish I could fly like Peter Pan!


Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0429s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb