Superb Yosemite


Advertisement
Published: November 6th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Hi Ya'll

We have seen some wonderful things over the past 4 weeks but we need to say, Yosemite tops the lot. Now admittedly the weather has been good to us, but really, this place has to be seen to be believed.

Rain is expected tomorrow BTW!

WE have walked all day in the park and finished up by a late afternoon drive up to Glacier Point for an oversight on this wonderful place.

I seem to be making a lot of excuses, but digital photography does not do it justice.

Now we supposedly have not visited inb the best time as when the winter rains come, the waterfalls flow. But there was a spate of snow a couple of weeks ago (we were in Lake Placid remember) and that snow has all melted with the perfect weather since, and combined with the autumnal colours of 'Fall', we have the best of both worlds. But here comes the digital limitations. Digital's weakness is the management of the contrast between light and shade (Dynamic Range) - and this is so prevealent here where the sun is so bright and the canyon walls so close, that it makes it difficult to capture. We tried with 200 pic s- and some show the dramatic affect - but you simply have to see it for yourself! Hopefully you will get the drift.

Im raving.

But it is one of the most fulfilling days hiking we have done.

Now the place we are staying has a camp kitchen so into town we head for steak, vegies and a nice bottle of wine.

NO FAT!!!

Beautiful - and cheap. Food is cheap here BTW - cant imagine why they do to it what they do!

We have just finished dinner at 10 pm such was our day - so we havent decided yet we will go into the park tomorrow or not. OUr perception of the park could not be enhanced.

We may sleep in a go straight to san francisco. Not sure.

The restauarant here is fine - The cook knows what he is doing. But I will again surprise my family and close friends. The food was TOO SALTY to eat.

So much so that it made us both feel ill and we couldnt contemplate eating there again. Shame, because other than that, it was very tasty.

Now the other thing I need to comment on is my trusty Brother (IL) Paul. Mate, what were you thinking climbing El Capitan. I thought you had just become nuts since I knew you, but clearly, you have been nuts for a long time.

That is a hell of a chellange, and we will reward you with a slab of good ol' Melbourne beer if you join us at Chrismas time (or for that matter, any time in the new year).

Well done mate!


Additional photos below
Photos: 37, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.098s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 6; qc: 46; dbt: 0.059s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb