Blindness:Through the Lens and Black


Advertisement
Published: November 16th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Grey Pines and Black Oaks block the blue sky. I can smell the river in their bark; the alpine condenses, maybe freezes, on my windshield at 4AM at 2000 ft over the San Joaquin.

Grey pines end at the silver cathedral called Yosemite Valley, the 'People Magazine,' the "E," of natural icons. Late fall brings new blooms to the oddities of many species up to the ridges and back, then burns the Big Leaf Maples orange.

AT&T has kept me in isolation with only Tuesday potlucks, Taco Thursdays, and endless episodes of "This American Life," breaking up the silences and the babble of database madness.

The Merced puts me to sleep. The cat purrs. The corporate, right-wing propaganda machine controls the minds of America.


Some day I will die, just like everything else,

Steve


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



10th November 2010

beautiful pictures
hey steve, thanks for keeping me posted on your blog. these yosemite photos are amazing. i still think a lot about the death valley hikes. i hope brian and i can visit again in the near future.
10th November 2010

Thanks
Thank you for sharing your beautiful pics, Steven!
10th November 2010

lame
looks pretty lame. may your death be as beautiful as the autumn fires!
10th November 2010

Ugh
What a dump (can't wait to visit).
11th November 2010

Death, it's totally in the future and therefore doesn't matter. Sounds like the nature tv is keeping you entertained.

Tot: 0.21s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 18; qc: 80; dbt: 0.0823s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb