Yosemite National Park


Advertisement
Published: October 4th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Hi everyone,

After driving for a couple of days through death valley stopping for a night in a motel in a town called Bishop we arrived in Yosemite National Park. Driving through death valley was staggeringly hot, they tell you to turn your air con off so the car doesn't overheat!! We probably only passed a couple of cars the whole way, on the really straight roads which looked like they went on forever!!
Arriving in Yosemite was a complete contrast to death valley, there are so many trees and even snow on the mountains. We got to our hostel which is located on the side of a mountain surrounded by pine trees. We were pleasantly surprised that we were in a 4 bed dorm rather than the 12 bed that we booked, plus we only had one other guy sharing the room with us, who was a nice Australian (who didn't snore!!).
During our time here we went to see the huge Sequoia trees (they really were massive) we also took a look around the valley, took a hike to see the Vernal falls which was pretty spectacular and went up to Glacier point one of the highest places in Yosemite, it was an amazing view over the mountains! While we were up there a thunder storm started and we watched lightning on the other side of the valley.
You will be pleased to know that we didn't get eaten by any bears, (mainly because we didn't see any!!) but it didn't stop Abi constantly looking out for them and worrying because we had food in our rucksacks! However we did see chipmunks and deer very close up.
We are now about to leave for San Francisco, where we have managed to book a hostel for our next three nights.
Our first week of travelling has been an amazing adventure, hope everyone back home is fine and well.
Lots of love
Simon and Abi.
xxx
P.S. hope you had a lovely birthday, Jacob, Pip and Grandma.

Advertisement



4th October 2010

Great Blog!
Loved the yosemite blog, can picture it all! When you get to San Francisco, the best pizza we ever had was at a place on Van Ness at Sutter called Village Pizzeria! lots of love glad you are having an amazing time xxx
4th October 2010

Bears
Nice one Abi, glad you are trying to protect that xmas pud !!
4th October 2010

Fantastic
Glad you are both having a great time. Jacob had a lovely birthday (apart from raining hard all day long!!!). Very envious of your travels.....enjoy!!! xxxx
7th October 2010

Hi Abi and Simon, Glad the trip went well, and you didn't need an extra cuddle from a bear. Liz is typing this in for me and kindly updating me. Love and lots of kisses. Ma xxxx
7th October 2010

how do. hope you are having a great time x grandad and k
ho.w doh

Tot: 0.112s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0486s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb