Yosemite National Park


Advertisement
Published: September 7th 2008
Edit Blog Post

After a few hours sleep it was time to again jump in the trusty Chevy Imparla, leave the bright lights of Vegas behind and hit the road for Yosemite National Park. This took about 8 hours again in 40 plus temperatures and through some very dodgy looking towns with more abandoned trailers (or caravans as we call them) then we could count. The drive was actually pretty nice taking us through some nice mountain ranges. The last couple of hours we started to approach the Sierra Nevada's and entered the park from the east via Tioga Pass. This drive was fantastic and i had to really concentrate on the road so as not to drive off the 100m plus drop, but it was hard given the amazing scenery. We arrived at our camp around 9pm and settled in after lining up for a pizza with hundreds of other tourists. Our tent was nice and comfourtable but i think Hayley's night was little restless as she thought a bear was sniffing around our tent all night.

The next morning we woke to an awesome few from the valley floor looking up at the huge granite rock faces. We then headed off on a few hikes and later did a two hour tour of the valley floor followed by a very refreshing swim at one of the freshwater pools. Unfortunately it was then time to hit the road again and head for San Francisco, where we were sure to wear a flower in our hair.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.104s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 8; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0467s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb