Busy week


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Tuolumne
October 25th 2007
Published: October 26th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Our new neighbor?Our new neighbor?Our new neighbor?

This morning I stepped out of the motor home and this is what greeted me!
It’s been a busy week…more socially that workwise! Last night we went into town (Sonora) because the camp took us out for appreciation dinner~~as if they don’t feed us dinner at lunchtime every day! The dinner was early, because Paul and Germaine are leaving after work tomorrow (usually we don’t work on Friday, but the men are working till noon…long story.) They’re headed to Victory Ranch on a special project basis. Germaine will be taking care of the two kids of the camp director, as his wife is going through cancer treatments. Right now Paul is scheduled to work with the men, but that could change.

The other day we drove past a house that was covered with Halloween lights, and the front yard (it was more of a front yard space, as there was no sign that grass or anything else had ever grown there!) had many yard ornaments that we could see lit up. We drove past there last night, and they had creatures that moved, and creatures that glowed, and a hearse with the back door open, and something creepy inside. Those people went all out. It made us wonder what they did for Christmas!

The
He stood and looked at meHe stood and looked at meHe stood and looked at me

a long while, before...
camp staff is bustling everywhere…they have a men’s retreat at Silver Creek from Thursday night until Sunday, and then 250 college kids at Silver Spur. They’re not coming in until Friday night, but everyone is working! We have to be out of the room we’ve had devotions and socials in, and we’ve spent quite a bit of time hauling stuff into that room, so we had to work too!! It’s kind of like getting ready for company. Tonight we could hear the men singing; it was so inspiring to hear men's voices singing, without seeing any evidence of it Sounds carry in this small canyon. You remember that our men are working up at Silver Creek, and when Bob heard about 50 men being here for three days, he announced that they should be able to get the roof on the gazebo with that many extra hands! Dave had to remind him that they aren’t here to build!

We moved our sewing machines into our devotions room and Wanda taught us basic quilting. (Joan Anderson, stop it. I can hear you laughing all the way from Wyoming!!!) We sewed up a storm for three afternoons. Then today we all brought our laptops and I helped them set up blogs. We are an industrious group!! And the surprising thing is that we do it without talking or laughing!!! You can about imagine!

Ok, pictures…….


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

POPPOP
POP

I think I told you we have pop on the patio in the afternoon when the guys get off work. We used to have it by one of our homes, but finally moved it to the real patio in front of the lodge. The cover protects us from falling acorns (Wanda has now been hit twice, and still maintains that it hurts!) This is Germaine, Nancy and Earl. (Earl's birthday. Nancy's was last week. Their anniversary was the week before. If you think we haven't given them a hard time about all that!! They said they did it so all the important dates were right together, and easier to remember~~not a bad idea!!!)
Even brooms can have accidents!Even brooms can have accidents!
Even brooms can have accidents!

Was I wrong about the grass?!
The guy with the healthy looking The guy with the healthy looking
The guy with the healthy looking

skintone had a working brain~~you could see it through his clear-domed head! And he had a strong rhythmic heart beat, which you could watch.


26th October 2007

LOL
I was laughing before I got to the parenthesis...who would believe you have added quilting to your resume!
28th October 2007

Great to hear from your travels!
Vicki, This is great to read your comments about your mission work and to see pictures also. You and Bob are in my prayers and we pray that the Lord may continue to bless all that you do.
29th October 2007

Thanks for your prayers, Randi,
we always covet them, and I'd ask that your prayers include the project we're working on. We feel very blessed to be able to live this lifestyle.

Tot: 0.108s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0482s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb