Fires


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Tuolumne
October 23rd 2007
Published: October 23rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

We read about the terrible fires going on in southern California, and I wanted to let you know that's not us. We're further north than they are, and we're not even getting their smoke. However, our next project is at Victory Ranch, in Moreno Valley, and we heard this morning that they don’t have any power right now, and the camp is inaccessible because of fallen trees. We don’t know the status of our project there, but have no reason to believe it will be canceled. We leave here two weeks from yesterday.

Being here obviously puts a different scope on things and we realize when something like this happens in Montana it’s bad enough, but when it happens out here there are so many more people affected.

Our weather is very mild; it drops to the mid 40s at night, and the mid 70s in the afternoon. Today it’s supposed to get up to 86, but that’s not the norm.

Advertisement



24th October 2007

Walnuts
The Walnuts you were addressing a couple days ago, have many uses. not only is the hulls used for stains and dyes, but the shells are used as a blasting medium, as in sand blasting, for removing coatings from items where coal slag or other blasting substances would be too harsh.
31st October 2007

Vicki, I'm so glad you're safe. My school and my students are praying for all who have been affected with the fires. God Bless you, Randi

Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 11; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0324s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb