Fishys & Fairgrounds


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Santa Cruz
April 27th 2010
Published: April 29th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


26th & 27th APril 2010
Fishys & Fairgrounds
Monterey Bay was the first stop of the day for a visit to the world famous aquarium, for those trivia fans - it was built by David Packard of Hewlett Packard fame!

The fish, turtles, penguins and flamingos were popular with the little guy as was a small dome that he could sit inside while waves crashed above his head. We stopped for lunch but we should have headed back to the van - it was decidedly average and very overpriced! Something like $35 for three sandwiches a couple of crisps and an apple!

Later that afternoon after a driving tour round Santa Cruz we arrived at Seacliff State Park, about ten minutes down the road, for our next stop. A breezy time was had on the beach. The sky was a bit grey and we heard rumours of rain on the way but we went to bed full of plans of heading into Santa Cruz and enjoying everything that the beach had to offer - volleyball, sandcastles, fairgrounds, sunbathing etc.....

We awoke the next day to wind, rain and even greyer skies! Not to be disheartened we loaded up and headed on in anyway. What we didn't know was that out of season in Santa Cuz (as we were) if it rains then things don't open! All we could find was an indoor pirate themed crazy golf (and no we didn't play) and a ten pin bowling alley. Lucky for us, the bowling alley had wi-fi as we decided to make a move and cut short our stay in Snata Cruz by a night and head up closer to San Francisco to make it easier to drop off the RV in the morning. We found a spot at Anthony Chabot State Park and got ourselves back on the road!

Definitely the right decision as we got to have a lie in and still get 'the beast' back in time! 'The beast' has gone, San Francisco here we come.



Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0408s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb