Vegas to LA


Advertisement
Published: May 10th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Vegas to Los Angeles


We spent another night out on the town in Vegas, decided to try the Bellagio Buffet. It is without a doubt the best buffet I have ever had in my life, Caviar, Fresh Crab legs, Kobe Beef, Lamb chops, sushi, salads, oriental, mexican, you name it and it was on the spread. The puddings were like you would see in a french patisserie, (not quite) well they were close enough and for a whopping $49 per person it was a feast.

So that encouraged me to gamble $10 on slot machines, of which I of course lost it all.

That was a wrap for Vegas and now for the final part of the coast to coast, California!

We arrived Saturday after quite a tough drive, again more mountain climbing and very bumpy roads. The park is huge, Valencia Travel Village, about 40 miles outside of downtown LA and plenty of room to maneuver. It is located near Santa Clarita, which apparently is the hot spot for many television shows, such as NCIS, the Mentalist etc.. as its within 30 miles of the Actors Union area or something, so they don't have to pay travel expenses. (googled that fun fact).

Sunday we made our way to Santa Monica Pier, had lunch and watched a seal playing for food, the sea is more of a turquoise blue than the browner shade of the East Coast. We walked along Venice Beach sidewalk and enjoyed an afternoon of people watching. Artists, homeless and the general weird and crazy characters of life have made their home here, which long before started the craze of muscle fitness and Arnold Schwarzenegger, the original Muscle beach.

It has been 20 years since I was last here, last time was with a backpack, just me and Sophie and it was the last stop before heading back to England after 6 months vagabonding around the world. Not much has changed other than she has 3 kids now, we have some lines in our faces and I'm still vagabonding only slightly more than a backpack this time.

Yesterday we had a lovely day having lunch with my old friend Sophie, who now lives in Pacific Palisades and then a coffee on Malibu Pier, a small piece of the South of France nestled along the ragged coastline. Then I decided to take a road that had warning signs of narrow turns and no trailers allowed. A small long and winding road up the mountains and through the Vineyards, Organic farms and Celebrity homes.

California we don't care for some of your roads and traffic but your coastline is beautiful.


Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement



Tot: 0.15s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 12; qc: 60; dbt: 0.0557s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb