San Lui Obispo and Santa Cruz


Advertisement
Published: October 31st 2010
Edit Blog Post

Tue 19th Oct- Arrived in San Lui Obispo after a long day on the Greyhound, the hostel was a nice little house in a nice neighborhood. We decided to head to the supermarket to buy some food for dinner, we then walked around what we though was the supermarket and wondered why it had no fresh food, gave in and eat in a Mexican, later realised we were actually looking round the pharmacy and that the supermarket was next door!!

Wed 20th Oct- We headed downtown in this lovely little town which was surrounded by mountains and had lots of little shops, cafe's, bars etc. It was also really busy which was nice to see. We looked around the historic mission around which the town was founded, walked along the creek and had lunch in a nice deli. Me and Katy decided it was time to tackle our awful out of style traveling hair and headed to a hair salon. We then decided to go the movies and see Life as we Know It.

Thurs 21st Oct- The temperature had dropped and it was cloudy but we still headed to Pismo Beach, we walked along the pier and there were loads of people surfing and some whales were swimming out to sea but didn't have an binoculars to be able to see them clearly. We looked around the typical tourist souvenir shops you get in any seaside place and then headed back to the hostel. In the evening we went to the the farmers market held every Thursday.

Friday 22nd Oct- Left San Lui Obispo to head to Santa Cruz, arrived in the rain and checked into the HI hostel before heading to the supermarket again in the rain. Cooked up dinner and watched a classic film in the form of Clueless.

Saturday 23rd of Oct- It was not raining in the morning so we headed to the boardwalk and walked through the fairground. Took a ride on the old fashioned rollercoaster and had lunch in a seaside cafe but then the rain started to come down so went bowling and on some games in the arcade before taking refuge in a bar as the hostel was closed from 11am-5pm. A guy staying at the hostel, Adam was in the bar so we chatted to him before all heading back to the hostel. The rain continued into the evening so we instigated a games night at the hostel where pictionary and sharrades got very competitive. Me and Adam triumped at pictionary though.

Sunday 24th Oct- It was still raining so we headed downtown and went for breakfast before looking in a few shops and taking refuge in the cinema and a coffee shop before grabbing some dinner and heading back to the hostel for an early night.

Was very excited to be going be going to San Fran as had heard such good things about it from everyone, was just hoping for some sunnier weather.



Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement



Tot: 0.111s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0506s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb