SLO


Advertisement
Published: August 1st 2010
Edit Blog Post

Yesterday we drove down to San Luis Obispo. Finally found some sun...had been misty and overcast the whole time we were in Moss Landing. The drive down 101 reminded us both so much of the Yakima Valley. There were big hills on either side of the valley, and lots of farms and vineyards along the river. It was warm (80) around Paso Robles, but really nice (75) with a light breeze when we arrived. We're staying at the Eagles here, so got settled in their back parking lot and went in to check it out. We met Rick, who lives here 5 months and Tucson the rest of the year in his 5th wheel, so he gave us lots of tips for the "lay of the land"!! He also introduced us to everyone in the joint!! We also met a couple who have been on the road full time for about 5 years. He is retired Navy, so again, they had lots of tips for us...AND they love Key West as much as we do, so it was really fun to visit with them about places around that area!!

The folks at the Eagles were really nice, and they were having meatloaf for their Saturday Night Special, so we joined them...it was a really nice and relaxing afternoon and evening!!

Advertisement



2nd August 2010

Hello from Hermiston, OR
Sounds like you guys are having lots of fun! Enjoy traveling with you. lol You guys be safe and don't take any wooden nickels.

Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0345s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb