San Francisco Transit Day


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » San Francisco
February 10th 2017
Published: February 10th 2017
Edit Blog Post

San Francisco has been experiencing a lot of rain the past month and today was no exception. We woke up to a steady rain and say that the weather would be rainy and a little windy all day. We woke up kind of early and headed to Denny's for breakfast and then back to the room to get some last minute work done before we leave the country.

We decided to walk to Pier 39 and have lunch somewhere there. Since it is raining and San Francisco's winter season, most of the tourist destinations have been really empty and today was no exception at the Pier. There were not many people walking around and it was really nice. We walked to the end of the pier and watched the sea lions for a bit and then decided to have lunch at a restaurant looking over the whole bay. Now it was very foggy and misty out so we didn't get to see that much, but it was nice having a table right next to the water.

We ordered some appetizers and a cup of soup for lunch and it was delicious. We had a sizzling platter as well as
The Sea Lions at the PierThe Sea Lions at the PierThe Sea Lions at the Pier

They were barking up a storm as two males were fighting over turf.
some raw oysters and then a cup of clam chowder.

We then walked around the shops before heading back to the hotel. We both spent the rest of the afternoon and evening relaxing in our room before going to bed early.

This morning we had to wake up very early as our flight leaves at 11am and they want you at the airport at least 3 hours before your flight. Traffic was non-existent heading to the airport and we breezed through check in and security. We are now hanging out in the Global First Lounge at United and it is the nicer lounge I have ever seen. We just had a little breakfast and I wanted to update everyone on the blog before we board our 11 hour flight to Tokyo and then a 7 hour flight to Bangkok. Our plane is just outside the lounge so we have a great view.

I will post pictures of our flights today as soon as I can when we arrive in Bangkok. We will be traveling for the next 27 hours so please be patient. Talk to everyone again soon. I am really getting excited about our trip now
Drury and the Golden Gate (if you look very closely you can see the bridge behind him)Drury and the Golden Gate (if you look very closely you can see the bridge behind him)Drury and the Golden Gate (if you look very closely you can see the bridge behind him)

(if you look very closely you can see the bridge behind him)
that it was finally arrived. Bon voyage and next time I post we will be in Asia : )


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

Our Sizzling Seafood PlatterOur Sizzling Seafood Platter
Our Sizzling Seafood Platter

It was very delicious but very messy to eat.
United Global LoungeUnited Global Lounge
United Global Lounge

Trying to look like I belong in the lounge...lol : )
Our Plane to TokyoOur Plane to Tokyo
Our Plane to Tokyo

Drury will be sitting in 4th thru 6th window if you count from the front. Excited as on our flight home we will be in the first 3 windows so we will be able to see towards the front of the place.


Tot: 0.148s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 12; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0553s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb