Oklahoma City - San Francisco


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » San Francisco
February 8th 2017
Published: February 9th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Drury and I woke up early today for our flight to San Francisco. We found out a resident in our building has started his own car service company so we had one of his drivers pick us up at the building and take us to the airport. We arrived at the airport in plenty of time for our flight and as soon as we sat down at our gate, we both got a notification that our flight was delayed an hour because of traffic in San Francisco. Apparently with the bad weather there they only had two runways working so we had to wait for our flight to get a landing time.

We boarded the plane and Drury and I both had Seat 1A and 2A which was very nice as they are window and aisle seats in one. Take off was smooth and the entire flight was pretty smooth until going over the Rockies, but that is pretty normal I think. We were served breakfast on the place and unfortunately I forgot to take a picture of the food, but it was a cold breakfast sandwich that was actually not very good.

We landed in San Francisco and our luggage arrived very quickly and we Ubered a car to our hotel at the Warf District. We were both hungry at this point and I had texted our friend Jeff earlier to get a good lunch recommendation as he is a foodie like us. He recommended Scoma's which was really close to out hotel. The food was incredible. We started with fried calamari that was probably the best I've ever had. Drury ordered the Dover Sole and I ordered the Lobster Thermadore. Both meals were so amazingly good!

We walked around the Warf area and up to the Ghirardelli Chocolate factory and then back to our hotel. We were extremely tired when we returned but forced ourselves to stay up. I finally crashed about 9:00pm. It was definitely a good day.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

TrolleyTrolley
Trolley

Can't come to San Francisco without seeing the Trolleys.


Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0308s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb