Day 2


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » San Francisco
September 1st 2012
Published: September 3rd 2012
Edit Blog Post

After a wee sleep in until around 8.30am we rose, showered and made our way down to Fisherman's Wharf for our Trip across the Golden Gate Bridge in a 1955 Mac open top fire engine. Had our first trip on a cable car and even had time to take in the cable car museum before we hopped on the fire engine. Our tour took us around briefly around parts of the city before taking us across the bridge and over to Salsalito township on the other side. Definitely a fun way to cross the bridge and the tour guide was hilarious! We spent the afternoon exploring the sites of Fishermans Wharf, including the seals on Pier 39. Kids had a ride on a two storey carousel (which I believe the Creahans are familiar with), and we dined at Bubba Gumps (a Forrest Gump themed restaurant), eating shrimps cooked in a variety of different ways. We covered some serious ground today, and the kids have been awesome, never complaining about the distance covered and coping well. Stopped for a spot of shopping on the way home tonight, and Brett was the only one to be successful. Just goes to show men can shop too!

Advertisement



3rd September 2012

Happy Birthday
Sounds like you're having a wonderful time. Happy Birthday Emma, I hope you have a great day! Lots of love from Tim, Helen, Eilidh, Olivia and Ruaridh By the way, Eilidh's lamb Thumbelina had twins yesterday (to Ruaridh's lamb Thomas) and they are so cute!!
3rd September 2012

Hjorths on tour
Hi Hjorth family. How exciting - your trip is finally here and it sounds like it is living up to expectations so far. Nige reckons Brett will be pretty safe in San Fran and that he is over-rating himself!! Suppose Brett celbrated his is first day in a US bar with a few tequillas! We are so pleased to hear all is going well and we look forward to your next installment. - the Bond family.
3rd September 2012

Day 2
Wow! Looks like a great start to your amazing holiday...will show the children as you send blog entries. We are missing Sarah!
3rd September 2012
UploadedFile4

Looks like fun!
Hi Guys, It looks like you are off to a great start with your tour. What a fun way to go over the Golden Gate Bridge! :)

Tot: 0.118s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 15; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0513s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb