We have arrived!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » San Francisco
September 1st 2012
Published: September 1st 2012
Edit Blog Post

Well the trip over proved to be even easier than we had imagined. For a start we had a tail wind which meant we arrived 30 minutes earlier than expected. I managed 5 hours sleep and the kids between 4 and 5 hours, so we were all well rested. Brett unfortunately was not so lucky, though he did watch 4 movies so he was happy.

Catching the BART from the airport was easy, and we were so energetic we ended up walking from Embarcadero Station all the way up California Street to our Hotel. The last two blocks were nearly vertical, but hey - we are fit and young (or pretending to be) so all good!

Spent the afternoon wandering around Chinatown, and getting our bearings. Had lunch in China town at the Floating Sushi Boat Restaurant which had little boats of sushi floating around on a river where you could pick off what you wanted. A fun way to start our holiday.

Visited the hotel bar for happy hour, to acquaint ourselves with this whole tipping thing, and celebrate our first day in the US. Brett had learnt first hand that we are in the gay capital of the world, and now won't go anywhere without me. All in all a great day, though Brett is a little cautious.

Architecture is amazing - from banks, to hotels, to houses, churches and office blocks.

We don't have wi-fi in our Hotel, so this blog won't be posted until tomorrow morning when we head out for breakfast to a wi-fi friendly cafe.

Weather report for the next few days is excellent, so we are all excited about what the next few days (and weeks!) will bring!

Advertisement



1st September 2012

San fran
Brett loves the attention i bet! If he just has to pop out to pick something up, you will know why!
1st September 2012

Great to hear you arrived safely and the flight went well. The photo brings back wonderful memories for us! Keep the blogs coming....
2nd September 2012

San Francisco
Hi, sounds great. I'm off to L.A. on the 15th for 10 days with my friend - lots of shopping. Have a Great time. love Judy and Rob
2nd September 2012

Bon voyage!
Hey! - great to read your first blog and so pleased all is going well so far. Guess by the time you hopped on the plane you were all pretty exhausted, so understandable that you had a good sleep(bad luck Brett!) Takes me back 20yrs when Nige and I travelled thru the States - ur gonna hav a blast!! Lookin forward to reading about ur adventures over the nxt weeks. Luv- Bonds
4th September 2012

Happy Birthday
Happy Birthday Emma! Glad you are having a great time. We came first in the Norris Studio competition - yay. Have fun, Jenna

Tot: 0.034s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0179s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1018.2kb