SanFran: Work for Scott - Alcatraz, Golden Gate Bridge & Shopping for Vic's!


Advertisement
Published: September 1st 2012
Edit Blog Post

San Francisco is without doubt one of my favourite cities in the World. I have been fortunate enough over the last 5 years to have travelled out here many times for work and always enoy it. However, I was more excited this time than ever been before as Victoria would be joining me out there for a few days before we both hoped over to Vegas to meet my brothers (and their better halves) for a long weekend of partying . . more on that to follow in the next blog.

I had a pretty un-eventful flight on a cold Monday morning from London Heathrow to SFO and managed to get a few hours sleep as I would be heading straight to the office for a few hours once I landed at around 2:00pm PST,

Victoria unfortunately could not join me out there for a few days due to her own work commitments so I pretty much spent the days working and the evening's going out for dinner/drink's with colleagues (I still find it so strange how early the American's sit down to eat.) and walking up and down the embarcadero

The offices of our US branch are located in the famouus Transamerica Pyramid and the views from the top when the fog hasn't rolled in are incredible, with clear views of Alcatraz, The Golden Gate Bridge and Angel Island.

Vic's arrived Wednesday afternoon and was really excited to spend a few days site seeing after all the good things she had heard Scott get up too on previous visits. The first evening after work we met up and had a walk around UnionSquare before taking a walk into North Beach for some dinner.

The next few days followed a similar pattern of us going down for breakfast at about 7am - whilst I headed off to work, Vic's over the few days checked out Alcatraz by tour with a guided walk around the penitentiary, walked up to Colt tower, saw the seals at Pier39, checked out the famous, steep roads where a lot of car chases are filmed (most notably Steve McQueen in Bullit) and spent a small fortune shopping.

Most evenings were spent introducing Vic's to various work colleagues, having dinner and then having a few drinks.

What we were both really looking forward to was the main event - Our 2pm flight on Friday afternoon to Las Vegas . . . .


Additional photos below
Photos: 24, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.053s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0343s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb