The map doesn't show the hills...or Annie the right direction!


Advertisement
Published: August 6th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Well we have really seen why this place is called fog city…But once it rises it’s a pretty beautiful one! We walked a total of 17.5 miles (yes we were sad enough to work it out because our feet deserved it.) It would have been less if we hadn’t walked 3 miles in the wrong direction (partly Annie’s fault for having poor map skills and partly Scott’s for trusting her with the map). We did get to see an awful lot of Golden Gate Park though, sorry there aren’t many photos but our body was dedicated to keeping our legs walking instead of lifting our arms to snap the scenery!



We also walked to Postcard Row – there were a lot of weird and wonderful houses there! Not your average British terraces. It seems like a different place altogether to the bustling downtown area.



It happens to be our third year anniversary today….and the most romantic we could summon the energy for was a takeaway pizza on the top bunk of the bunk beds we share with a gay couple…Not even a glass of wine…which is probably a good thing as Annie would have been snoring before getting round to writing this entry!



Our faces are beginning to crust and our shorts are popping at the waist but hopefully our hike around Yosemite National Park tomorrow will burn some of the deep fat fried junk and we’ll plaster on the sun cream!



Catch you guys tomorrow!!

x x x


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Is that Norma?Is that Norma?
Is that Norma?

For a minute we thought we saw Scott's Nan dancing on roller skates in the Golden Gate Park - it could have been her with those moves ;)


6th August 2012
The sun came out :)

Lost!
So sorry about Annie's map reading skills - alas, she has inherited that gene from ME! Remember, I am the one who took 20 minutes to get off Barry Island last Wednesday!
6th August 2012
Postcard Row/ Painted Ladies

Roath?
These pretty houses remind me of the Edwardian Villas on Roath Park Lake! Only Roath is a bit flatter!
6th August 2012
Is that Norma?

Is that Norma?
Nanny Norma might be delayed in responding to your blog. She has bought a pair of blades and is currently half way down Trinity Hill ??!! Dave
7th August 2012
Is that Norma?

Norma
Haha that made us laugh!!
7th August 2012
The sun came out :)

Gee Thanks Mam!
Hey Mother, I wasn't the only one looking at the map, Scotty's just too laid back to check up on me haha! I must have inherited it from you because the first time I made my own way back from Scott's I got lost on the island! Map schmap! x x x

Tot: 0.207s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 51; dbt: 0.1157s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb