Brilliant Day...


Advertisement
Published: April 14th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Had a great day today! Slow start as didn't get up until 9am but figured some shut-eye was required - so felt reasonably rested.

After looking at brochures last night, decided to go to Muir Woods this afternoon on a tour but in the morning had a few hours to kill so caught a cable car. What a treat! Lined up, took lots of pics (sorry kids...got snap happy today so you are likely to be bored when I sit you down to show you...and yes it will be mandatory...lol). Went to Fisherman's Wharf although didn't stay long as want to do it properly in the next few days. Had lunch at Starbucks (average) then caught the cable car back so could get tour. Even stood on the outside of cable car on way back...how daring. Chap next to me had bag pulled as another cable car passed us (so good warning to be careful...fully noted).

Anyway, tour to Muir woods was great and on way stopped by the Golden Gate Bridge for photo opportunity. Woods are wonderful. Sometimes the cover was so full that it was dark, other times sun shone through and lovely free flowing creek (but too early for Salmon or Trout).

Then went on to Saulisto (not sure if spelling right...is a bay town...very touristy and expensive). Had a walk around but didn't buy anything although was tempted by a scarf but figured $68 was too expensive even if it was pretty...lol.

Back at hotel by 6pm and after loo stop - went out for tea. First evening meal by myself in a restaurant but was fine (took E Reader and read a chapter or two). Salmon Fettucini (yum) and glass of wine...bit hard to take really.

On way back to hotel went to a pharmacy and bought...wait for it....chips, diet coke, apple and bananna. Amcal needs to lift its game...lol.

Tomorrow...Alcatraz and Hop on/off tour.

Hope all is well at home.

Cheers.

PS: storms last night but beautiful day today.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



14th April 2012

Amazing!
Congratulations Gill...does sound like you had a brilliant day. Looking forward to travelling vicariously through your blog....We went to Mt Barker and Meadows today....Jealous?!?! xxx

Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0467s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb