San Francisco


Advertisement
Published: July 23rd 2011
Edit Blog Post

Morro BayMorro BayMorro Bay

The rock in the background, Makes a loveley backdrop as you get hammered and eat.
Well how are ya?

Since LA we have travelled down hwy 1 and stopped off at a small town called Morro Bay on our way to San Francisco. I have to say it is good to be out of LA. Morro Bay is where we got a taste of California free pouring booze laws and boy did we take advantage! We met a couple of nice American blokes and drank gin and tonics all night! 3/4 of the glass was pure booze and all you have to do is tip about a dollar a drink! That explains Amy trying to ride the fake horse on the way home i suppose and that was an early night of 9pm! Morro Bay is known for its seafood and when we arived we made sure to take advantage of their $2 fish taco and $2 Corona specials down at the sea side pub. The lady at the counter was kind enough to change all my loose change into $1 bills. 1c pieces really jam your wallet up - good job aus gov for getting rid of that rubbish money!

The next day we continued along hwy1 and good god it was scenic!
Morro BayMorro BayMorro Bay

Upon Barrys suggestion - Amy rides a horse on the way home. She is having the time of her life as you can see!
It was such a great drive and i would recommend it over travelling up the main freeway anyday, granted it takes a little longer but its worth it ( except for you kaz you would get terribly car sick there are some pretty sick hills/cuves involved!). I am told that almost every winter part of the road falls into the ocean so we were lucky enough to arrive part way through reconstruction. It was one way for sections of the drive but we managed!

Anyway after a few hrs driving and one half of Barmy sideswiping a tree we made it into San Francisco or 'The City' as the locals call it. You could not get a more different place then LA. The people here are so friendly. We have spent most of our time visiting local bars and chatting with San Frans and they are fantastic! With all their hills I would like to think that we have worked off all the booze but maybe I am beng optmistic?

One thing that did catch us by surprise was the heat! We both got some serious burn whilst biking the golden gate bridge! I dont think that it
Morro BayMorro BayMorro Bay

Almost straight gin wins the night. Not yet 9.30pm
topped 25 degrees but it still burnt us something fierce - every San Fran we talked to laughed their ass off when they saw us and found out we were aussies- the shame!

All in all though its a great city and have really enjoyed it, we would come back in a heartbeat! Only downside of our stay would be our hostel, which isnt the citys fault just our poor research. 1 toilet/shower between what must be potentially 30 people isnt cool!

Anyway onto Mammoth lakes and then Las Vegas!

Ciao
Barmy

(Thanks to Sarah our only subscriber, your alright!)


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement

Morro BayMorro Bay
Morro Bay

Why so many news boxes?? Just go to a newsagency!!!
Morro BayMorro Bay
Morro Bay

Friendly squirrles
Morrow BayMorrow Bay
Morrow Bay

Artistic shot on Amys suggestions.
Hwy 1Hwy 1
Hwy 1

Shot of the ocean and an interesting bridge. An obliging rock took this photo.
The cityThe city
The city

Amy and the bridge
The cityThe city
The city

Barry and the rock
The CityThe City
The City

Awww couple shot
The cityThe city
The city

Man vs Food - we lose :(
The CityThe City
The City

Man vs food - we lose ubt what we had left we gave to the homeless and boy were they thankful. Sad situation..
The cityThe city
The city

$4 dollar Ashai for 600ml - couldnt resisit a photo - damn you Perth and your overpriced ways
The CityThe City
The City

Big hill??
The cityThe city
The city

Historic cable car
The (shit) hostelThe (shit) hostel
The (shit) hostel

Amy waiting in line to use the shower.


23rd July 2011

sorry did not know i had to subcribe
great up date and photos
24th July 2011
The (shit) hostel

shit hostel
you get what you paid for better luck next time
24th July 2011

blog blog blog
well thank god you told us about the subscribe thing as you must have missed all our other comments.great blog brilliant photos . you make us want to travel the same road KEEP THE BLOG GOING x x
24th July 2011

Didn't know about commenting either Barry but did comment on your FB.
It's great to read all about your adventures Barmy. You're making me very jealous. I will have to go to see the hills of San Fran sometime now. Keep up the most interesting blog Carol XX

Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0521s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb