18 Holes at Harding Park


Advertisement
Published: April 27th 2009
Edit Blog Post

18th Green18th Green18th Green

Fairway approach is from the left.
After playing the Jack Fleming 9 hole course at Harding Park two days prior, I decided I would just try to walk on the Championship course today and see if I could play a round. I had no trouble getting on the course it turned out. I had a lucky birdie on one and nine, had a few solid pars, but basically limped in at the end of the round. It is quite the test this golf course. If you are in the area and have time for golf, and like challenging golf courses, this one you need to try.

The 2009 President's Cup is to be played at Harding Park. It will be interesting to see how those guys play the course. It is clearly a difficult test.

I shot around 80 that day, was a bit fuzzy on what I made on two holes in the middle there on the front nine, but shot 38-42.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

Fairway on 18Fairway on 18
Fairway on 18

It is a rather long par 4, climbing a little bit from tee to fairway, and then fairway to green.
First TeeFirst Tee
First Tee

I would hit a nice drive right down the center, then hit a solid 8 iron to around a foot away from the hole. Not a bad start!
First tee - for the prosFirst tee - for the pros
First tee - for the pros

I am sure the President's Cup players will be teeing off from back there in October.
Tenth TeeTenth Tee
Tenth Tee

These Juniper like family trees seemed to line the entirety of most holes.
Jack Fleming 9 hole courseJack Fleming 9 hole course
Jack Fleming 9 hole course

Is that way, between the first and tenth tees. It isn't a "little par 3" type of course though. The par fours are difficult, and two of the par three holes are over 200 yards in length, the second one being around 245 yards. The 245 yard par three was into the wind. I hit a good solid drive straight at the green, and ended up just in front of the green. Damn!
18th Tee18th Tee
18th Tee

Of course, the pros for the President's Cup will be backed up well back of here. I hit a nice drive down the left hand side, had about 180 yards left, and couldn't get a five iron to the elevated green. Damn!
Very cool treesVery cool trees
Very cool trees

Like this as you see near the 18th tee, all around the course. Of course, you see similar trees on the grounds at The Olympic Club as well.
Clubhouse and Temporary TentClubhouse and Temporary Tent
Clubhouse and Temporary Tent

The white building on the right is only for this year's President's Cup. Imagine it will be dismantled after the tournament has been played.
Approach on 18Approach on 18
Approach on 18

With the Twin Peaks tower clearly looming in the distance.


Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 9; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0318s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb