Golden Gate Park


Advertisement
Published: April 18th 2009
Edit Blog Post

I visited the DeYoung museum and the California Academy of Sciences buildings this day. The DeYoung was pretty affordable, but I didn't pay the $10 extra to see the Andy Warhol exhibit so it only cost me $10 to get in there. By the way though, if you want to skip the art housed there, you can still take the elevator to the top for the panoramic views for free.

The California Academy of Sciences was fairly expensive though, around $26 as I recall. The planetarium shows were already sold out for the day by the time I got there in mid afternoon.


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement

Outside North West EntranceOutside North West Entrance
Outside North West Entrance

Looking North from essentially the Great Highway, with the Cliff House up there on the left, the road bends around to the right just after it and takes you into the Lands End area, Ocean Beach is on the left, and the entrance to the Golden Gate Park in this area is just behind me to the right.
NW Entrance to Golden Gate ParkNW Entrance to Golden Gate Park
NW Entrance to Golden Gate Park

Looking East. That windmill doesn't turn though, not sure if it ever did.
Ocean Beach SignageOcean Beach Signage
Ocean Beach Signage

Was really breezy again this day. That week of 30 Mar 2009 was rather windy all week as I recall.
Concert Stage?Concert Stage?
Concert Stage?

This stage sits in the area between the DeYoung museum and the California Academy of Sciences building.
California Academy of Sciences BuildingCalifornia Academy of Sciences Building
California Academy of Sciences Building

From the viewing deck in the DeYoung. Big pieces of glass give you some good views from up here.
Looking NorthLooking North
Looking North

I think on the far side of the buildings is the Sea-Cliff neighborhood.
Three stories tallThree stories tall
Three stories tall

The California Academy of Sciences building that is, which does not include the living roof.
DeYoung TowerDeYoung Tower
DeYoung Tower

There are actually offices on the floors below the observation deck there with the clear glass. They must not have any good views looking outside.
Living RoofLiving Roof
Living Roof

Roof of the California Academy of Sciences. I would think here so close to the Pacific, there is never a need to "Water your roof", but something like that in Denver would probably need some watering from time to time.


Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0522s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb