The Munk


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » San Francisco
November 10th 2008
Published: January 27th 2009
Edit Blog Post

We decided that our plans to drive the coast in a classic convertible was a little out of our price range so we opted for the good old fashioned greyhound night bus instead. No curtains and plenty of interesting passengers!

We were really excited about couch surfing again as we had such a good experience in LA and headed straight to our next address. The journey was quite a mission as the street was a little longer than we expected and so we proceeded to take a sweaty 15 minute trek, with an extremely heavy load. However when we finally reached our destination to our disappointment Erik wasn't in, which sent me on a rampage around the area to try and find a working pay phone, which believe me wasn't easy.

I finally got to a phone and Erik (munk) arranged to meet me at his work where he gave me a big hug, handed me his keys, told me there was a beer in the fridge and to make ourselves at home. What a guy!!

We had plenty to chat about from our adventures in New Zealand to mending the ways of the world. He even forgave us for locking him out of his own house on our first night... I blame it on the jet lag myself but we fell into such a deep sleep that we couldn't hear him buzzing the door. ...God knows how he climbed up the gates to his apartment.

There is plenty to see and do in San Fran and although we didn't get to visit Alcatraz :-( we managed to do plenty of sight seeing, cycled the golden gate bridge, watched stand up and partied to drum and bass. Happy days!


Additional photos below
Photos: 37, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0502s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb