San Francisco - Fresh Crab & Fogged In


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » San Francisco
September 3rd 2008
Published: September 4th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Of all my business trips to California, I never had the time to hang out in the city of San Francisco. Luckily, thanks to my colleagues who were willing to bear with me outside of work hours (lol), here's what San Fran has to offer. Obviously, the Golden Gate Bridge is a must see. Historically, it was the longest suspension bridge in the world built in 1937, and truly is an architectural marvel from that time period. Yet, beyond the most photographed bridge in the world lies a city densely characterized by elevated streets and steep inclines.

Fisherman's Warf is a tourist destination, and like other new visitors to the city, I had to eat the fresh boiled Crab. From the myriad of curbside caterers, there is one which serves crab in a chili sauce 😊 Yet, most of these stalls specialize in serving the delicacy along with crab sandwiches, fried shrimp and of course, chowder.

For the avid shopper, Union Square and Post Street is where to find all the major retail chains. The assortment of apparel and other merchandise is incredible -- Nordstroms, Sax Fifth Avenue, Banana Republic, and many others have a fantastic selection.

Finally, the rest of the area surrounding the city is beautiful. Take highway #1 South to Half Moon Bay and highway #35 to the top of the hills - truly breathtaking. Being above the clouds (literally) and viewing the Bay area is an extraordinary experience, and driving down to sea level from any of the vista points takes one to a streamlined beachfront that of course faces the Pacific. The sky, ocean, rolling hills and trees truly merge into one nature in this region.




Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0579s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb