Day 9 - Another Day in San Francisco


Advertisement
Published: August 22nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Today Bob treated us to a private tour of San Francisco. We started with breakfast in San Bruno, and then we drove around the really nice neighborhoods to gawk at the beautiful houses. We then drove around Richmond to see Jamie's sisters old apartment. Jamie and Bob disagreed on the actual location of her apartment but since jamie was only there for one afternoon when he was 11 and since bob has lived here for 23 years, we have to think that Bob probably knows better than Jamie. Maybe Gail could confirm the house we think it is? (See picture) After that we drove through the North Beach and Pacific Heights areas. We saw some great homes and did some window shopping, and then went to the wharf for lunch.

Before we headed back to San Bruno for a siesta, we went to Coit Tower. The tower is 210 feet and looks over most of san francisco. We waited 15 min in line to take the elevator up to the top (you do have to pay an admission charge) and saw some great views of the city. Then we waited in line to take the elevator back down.

For
Full House TGIFFull House TGIFFull House TGIF

Supposedly this is the house that Full House used as the screen shot for the show.
dinner, we went back in town to a local brewery, then walked over to AT&T park to see some of the game. This park is great because if you walk around behind it, there is an open part that you can walk right up to, and the only thing blocking you from the field is a chain link fence. At one point we were only about 10 feet away from some of the players. It's free, and great that they let people watch from there. We watched for awhile and then headed home, since we were beat and needed to get up early.

That is about all we saw of san francisco. The city has some really nice areas but unfortunately most of them are covered in fog for 90% of the day. We had a great time here and recommend visiting to anyone who is thinking about it.

Finally, THANK YOU BOB for taking us all over town and for letting us crash on your floor! We'll see you at thanksgiving.




Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement

Famouse Painted Lady HomesFamouse Painted Lady Homes
Famouse Painted Lady Homes

Gotta love the Fog
Quick Photo Quick Photo
Quick Photo

Bob is taking us on a tour of the city.
TransAmerica BuildingTransAmerica Building
TransAmerica Building

All the people who work on the top floors here all have pointy heads. The Conehead Family is rumored to own a penthouse suite.
Right Field CagesRight Field Cages
Right Field Cages

Bob is watching a game in the free viewing area in right field
AT&T Park AT&T Park
AT&T Park

This is Barry bonds did steroids I mean this is where he hit home runs.
Lone KayakerLone Kayaker
Lone Kayaker

Not many people seem to care about catching home runs since Barry Bonds left


23rd August 2008

PHEW
I started reading this post and went "omg! i forgot to tell her to check out the full house house" which i'm sure is actually just a facade in culver city or something, but you know what i mean. Well, thankfully i was able to breathe a sigh of relief when i saw the picture of you two in front of the painted houses...just like in the opening credits...i can sleep easy now.
23rd August 2008

my SF house!
Yes, that is my house (626 16th Avenue)! So fun to see a picture of it. I lived in that place with 8 girls from all over the country. It was awesome!! The fog got to me too which is why I moved accross the bay where it is sunny all the time. Have fun! Gail

Tot: 0.101s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0638s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb