Days 10 & 11 Monterey & Carmel By the Sea


Advertisement
Published: August 23rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Thursday:
So we decided to put these 2 days together because there isn't a whole lot to tell you about since San Francisco. On the drive down we stopped in Santa Cruz. we saw some surfers and we had breakfast. It looked like there were a bunch of surfing lessons going on and I think we are going to take a lesson when we get down to LA.

The drive from San Fran to Monterey took about 3 hours. Our bed and Breakfast is in Carmel (by-the-sea) but we stopped in monterey before checking in. Melissa wanted to see the aquarium so we killed a couple hours in there. there wasn't a lot to see there but there were a couple of otters that melissa wanted to take home.

After the Aquarium melissa and I had our first argument of the trip. It wasn't really an argument as much as it was tiredness coming out in the form of bickering about whether or not the GPS system was giving us the best directions to carmel. (it was) So the remaining 10 min drive to carmel was spent in silence. And when we got to carmel we split up for
Bird at the AquariumBird at the AquariumBird at the Aquarium

I'm not sure why the only picture i have from the aquarium is of a bird but it is.
a couple hours while melissa napped and I wandered the streets aimlessly.

Carmel was not really what we were expecting. We arrived around 1:30. the town center was filled with non-english speaking tourists shopping for art work and high end handbags. I think you need to be 45+ years old and have a sizeable disposable income and own at least 1.5 high-end purebred poodles to really do anything here. Anyway on the upside we had a nice dinner at an italian bistro then looked for a place to get espresso martinis but found none so we went to bed relatively early so that i was fresh for my round of golf in the morning.

Friday
We woke up at 5:30 to get to the course by 6. It was still dark. At least i think it was dark. It might have been that nagging fog again. Its hard to say. Anyway I tee'd off at 7:10 am at the links at Spanish Bay which is part of the pebble beach resorts. It was a great course right on the ocean. I scored a 92 which is respectable but i left 3 birdie putts sitting on the edge of
Happing Landing InnHapping Landing InnHapping Landing Inn

Our Bed and Breakfast in Carmel.
a few holes. Leaving the course we drove 17 Mile drive back to the hotel. I was able to catch a glimpse of the 18th hole at Pebble beach which was neat.

While i was golfing melissa went running and made the decision and an appointment to chop her hair off. I'll post the before and after pictures for you to see the difference. It looks good. She feels much lighter.

Instead of wandering the streets of carmel again tonight we made plans to see a movie over in Pacific Grove (next to monterey). We had sushi before the movie at a cool harborfront restaurant in Monterey. We also ordered Sake but neither of us found it tolerable.

we are back in the inn now. and planning our drive to santa Barbara tomorrow. Tomorrow night we stay at a bed and breakfast with SHARED BATHROOMS! Neither of us are looking forward to that.

By for now.






Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

On the Golf CourseOn the Golf Course
On the Golf Course

The Links at Spanish Bay. (not the greatest picture)


23rd August 2008

Thank you for providing me with entertainment for the past 10 days! You two are too funny!
23rd August 2008

did i mention i LOVE it!
lOve love love love love love love your haircut!! it looks GREAT (now let it grow so we can do a fun up-do for my wedding. LOL!)
24th August 2008

Love it!
Meliss, your hair looks super cute! Glad you guys are having a great time!
25th August 2008

Love your haircut!
Love the new do Meliss!!!! Can't wait to see it in person. Love the travel blog. Mom
25th August 2008

I'm glad you are having a good time-love the haircut-keep up the pictures-they are great!By the way Miss, love the haircut!
27th August 2008

Hair!
LOVE...THE...HAIR. LOVE IT!

Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.053s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb