Aching Last Legs


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » San Francisco
January 14th 2008
Published: January 14th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Yesterday the weather was a glorious 60 degrees the sun was shining so we thought we’d have a wander around town. We’re right next to Chinatown so there’s millions of restaurants, shops and specialist supermarkets loaded with boxes of completely unrecognisable food stuffs….well we think they’re food!

We’re also in the middle of the main shopping area with all the usual designer shops and brand names. There’s a huge Abercrombie & Fitch - Sham you’d be in heaven! We then discovered the Levi store and although they no longer make made to measure jeans you can still get your jeans customised with screen prints, rhinestone studding, or design slashing whatever takes your fancy. I tried on several pairs and was delighted to find out that I’m a US size 6.…that certainly boosted the ego somewhat especially given that I’ve stuffed my face for the last few weeks! The second surprise of the day was at the checkout, all regular jeans were reduced which basically meant paying £12 for my 501s!!! Now that’s what I call a bargain!

We went to the Irish pub for an early supper of very good fish and chips; the place was packed with loads of people in their pants, and no I’m not talking American pants I’m talking underpants. For whatever reason there were loads of people on a pub crawl wearing just their pants…well whatever rocks your boat….

We jumped into a cab at 11.00 to go down to 1015, there was a small queue which wasn’t too bad. After going through the usual checks the doorman asked for our ID which was somewhat flattering (it’s over 21s only) but then we discovered it’s par for the course no matter how old you are! The club had 5 different rooms playing dance, house, hip-hop, hard trance and club. We selected the hard trance room which was already quite busy and somewhat surprising. The main DJ was a German called Ronski Speed who wasn’t that great but then I guess we’re somewhat spoilt in the UK. It was fun, but we’ve both had far more fun at home.

Today we had a bit of a lie-in and then went for a mega walk; first to Coit Tower with it’s spectacular views across the city and the bay, and then over to Lombard Street - yes that’s the really bendy one that you see in all the movies! We walked for miles and up some really steep hills so after last nights dancing both of us feel extremely achy; so an early night beckons.

Song for the day: Otis Redding - Sitting on the Dock of the Bay

Nina & Andy x0x0



Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement

Coit TowerCoit Tower
Coit Tower

The trees were full of screaming green parrots but unfortunately they're well camouflaged!


Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0487s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb