Day One


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » San Francisco
September 12th 2007
Published: September 12th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hey yall.
This is the blog for our Trip. We are riding from San Fran, CA all the to the east coast.

Tyler Phillips
Patrick Blain
Sean Hammond
Todd Chinnock

Todd-
We rode the train for like 60 hours and finally arrived in Oakland and are at Tyler's sister Bree's House. It seriously has been a hell of a ride already and we haven't even gotten on the bike yet. The people we have met have restored my faith in human decency. We're gonna go check out what the bay area has to offer. I can't wait.

Tyler-
If you are ever given the time to take a train across the country instead of the flying saucer, take it. Sure, it takes a hundred times longer and the sleeping situation on the coach is like trying to sleep in an ice box, two foot by two foot, but it's more than worth it. The people you meat, the contacts you get, the beautiful landscape, the overpriced snack shack, the old, the young, the crazy, the lazy, the poet, the French man, the dragon artist, the Denverans, the jerkey eater who likes to go through his own bag, the lady with four babies in her stomach, the beautiful forty two year old who wants to be a truck driver, the emo's with a guitar, the Irish gal who likes to climb and eat cliff bars, all make it an adventure that won't be forgotten. Now in Cali on my sisters alley, ready to rally.

Well said Tyler, well said.

Patrick-
We finally made it after all the talking and all the rush, at the end we have reached the begininng of a new life for the four of us. the people we will meet the people we have met. we have only been gone for a few days from home and i can see how this is going to be one of the most positive life experiences for all of us. Personally i cannot wait for this once and a lifetime adventure to continue.

Sean-
It only just begun

Advertisement



12th September 2007

Bon Voyage Boys, Watch out for the Trucks! Todd if you are feeling brassy in Oakland. Call up Dr. Eric Snoey. He and his family stayed in Onekama this summer. I couldn't be there with them but K,K, and O were. He knows all about Louise and is one of those adventure sports types. He will want to know about your trip I an sure. He is an ER doc, with 2 small boys and a French wife who is a heart surgeon named Sofie 1-510-708-5116. I'm so excited for you guys. XO Auntie M.
12th September 2007

computer access?
how u guys gonna continue writing your blog if you have no computers/internet access? sorry i'm out of the loop but still curious!
13th September 2007

Good Luck Boyzzz
Good luck on your voyage boys! I am going to miss you all a lot this semester but you will be in my thoughts, probably most when I am trying to study because now I have another thing to keep me distracted besides facebook. I am sure that you are going to have many interesting adventures while you are ascending across the vast US of A and I can't wait to hear about them all. Luv you and God's speed!

Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0394s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb