X~Fun Times~X


Advertisement
Published: July 15th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Holllla!!! Still having a really great time :D, the weather is still fabulous, the company is quite good too :D!!!
BTW- Thank you for the comments (I luv dem) its nice to hear from you :D!!!

FRIDAY 13th, unlucky for some, not for us, we went into San Francisco Woowoo!!
We left quite early on Friday morning and AH took us (Mum, US n Me) to the BART station, from where we caught the BART! It was quite busy as it was rush hour into SF! Journey rather smooth, except for a BART service man came on and shut our carriage off, he was rather suspicious and i was very glad our stop was soon as i was beginning to think we were doomed with Friday 13th bad luck, especially when most of the passengers left our carriage!!!
Got off at Powel street, and from there queued for the trolley bus :D, It was a massive great curved queue but it soon went down and we held on for dear life and the trolley set off, people were hanging on the sides , my bum was glued to the seat except at the end when I hoped off and it started rolling a little bit!
Walked from the trolley to fisherman’s Wharf a famous area in SF, from there we had a walk about in and out the shops! The Digital cameras were so cheap!! Anyway as instructed by AH and her notes we booked ourselves for a boat ride as this was the main way to see the Golden Gate bridge and the Bay area.
As we booked ourselves on the 12pm tour and it was 11:15 ish we had a drink and a cookie :D, we got it from ©BenAndJerrys©, addicted to chocolate shake, OOOH it was delicious and the lady who served us was extremely friendly and she even commented on my beloved hat 😊 .
Caught the boat and headed into the sea! We had 'fun' commentary by 'Captin Nemo', which was quite interesting at the start but he was very irritating by the end as he over exaggerated everything!! Went under the Golden Gate bridge and around the bay, learning lots n lots of interesting facts. It was well worth the visit and Uncle Spen’s holiday phrase is "It’s got to be done" and it sure did have to be done! The only slight problem was that I couldn't wear my beloved hat as it was to windy, so it resulted in my head been exposed to the blazing sunshine. NOT GOOD! I had a shower this morning (sat) and in have an extremely sore spot in the middle of my head!! Never mind I have survived the day!!

After the boat trip we had a stroll around Pier 39, a must see according to our trusty San Francisco guidebook, A MUST SEE!! It was a bit disappointing as we excepted it to be quite 'oldly worldly', but was very touristy!! (I'm rather fed up of writing this blog as i have wrote it 3 times and lost it, so each time it has got shorter and less interesting, SORRY!!)

We decided that as a single chocolate bar was $5, and there wasn't much to our fancy we would head up the road for lunch. It eventually brought us to Starbucks! I had a very nice cheese bagel (which didn't have a hole in it, so really was a toasted bread bun, never mind was still tasty) and an Ice tea lemonade, which was surprisingly delicious! I had wanted diet coke, but the waiter gave us a long spiel about how starbucks didn't trade with the coca-cola family which was rather lengthy and we didn't really need to know (like you probably don't want to know about it either, sorry), but he was just been nice, like most Americans!!

The day flew past and we went and queued up for the trolley, it took ages!! In the midst of waiting I found myself enticed into a souvenir shop, where i bought many unnecessary items, also some 'cool' ones! When we finally back to Powell street we did some shopping :D, and I was very impressed with Old Navy!! After some nice and refreshing SHOPPING we caught the BART home!

That about sums the day up, its hard to tell you all the brilliant details about each day, but i do try to share some of them!

Saturday (Today)
Had a nice kind of relaxed day. Had a lazy morning, to only later realize one of Uncle Alan’s previously work colleagues was visiting! Quickly had a shower, went downstairs with my hair looking like a gorilla and a horrendously red nose to find he had already arrived! OOOps!! So had breakfast and found out we were going to a car museum, got ready still looking a mess and left! I keep telling myself nobody knows me out here it doesn't matter!! The Car place was very interesting and the cars shone so much you could see your face in them!! I wasn't looking at mine!! Part of the museum was a wheelchair 'part', it was so very interesting as the man who owned the place had set up a charity to help people in mainly 3rd world countries who had legs bombed at mines or generally needed wheelchairs. It was so fascinating and i wish i could have spent more time in that part!! Some of the stories were so heartbreaking 😞 .
Came back and Stewart went to a 'pool party', and Hamish and i went to the estates pool, we had great fun and did water aerobics!!

Afterwards we had lunch and then i stayed at the house and read my very fun book, PETER KAY!!

Im off now,
Hope you okies
Much Luv
Meeeeeeeeeee
XXxXxxXxXxXxxX
Ps Will add some photos 2mz XxXx




Advertisement



15th July 2007

Lucky you!
Hi Elie, Good Blog. You sound to be having a great time. Make the most of the sun-not much here. Love to all. Glenys
15th July 2007

It's great to hear from you and glad you are having a good holiday. Speak to you soon to hear more. Luv Helen and Garry
18th July 2007

Hot
Hi Eli glad you are having a good holiday. It's hot here as well. Love Pen

Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0418s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb