My 1st Blog :D


Advertisement
Published: July 6th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Y hi, I just thought I would write and tell you of my adventures sooo far!! I think this website is more for people doing gap years but anyway!!

Our adventure started out on Tuesday afternoon, we shoved and pushed everything into our suitcases hoping they wouldn't break and we were off!! Well except for the little detours, 1st to Jane (who wasn't in), next to Jenny and John (who were in) and thirdly to Granya and Poppa (they also were in!!)
So we headed off down some roads, don’t know which ones and i am sure you wouldn’t want to be bored with them, we had our sarnies in the car, handmade by mum, and the journey passed quickly!!
Soon we were at the hotel, it was a very nice one, rather posh and was very clean, so mum and I were very happy!!

Early Wed morning we got up and went caught the "Heathrow Hopper" and arrived @ the airport, like every holiday we always forget something!! Uncle Spen's sunglasses, not any old sunglasses Prescription 1's!! Ooooops, and it was to late to go back!!

The flight was rather lengthy but comfortable and we had extra leg room which was lucky!! There weren’t very many good movies but we survived!!

11hrs later we arrived in San Francisco, we got off the plane and into immigration. We queued, and queued and queued!! Left finger print, right finger print, photo! How long should that take? It took them about 15 minutes per person in a que of 50+ people!!

After our lovely experience of immigration the Bart-bay area rapid transport!! That also was rather smooth, yet bit boring!!
Aunty Helene and Hamish (my aunty and cousin) picked us up from the Bart station in Dublin and when we got off Golly gosh it was HOT HOT HOT!!!! I thought that my Primark plastic (but sophisticated) bag was going to melt into a big puddle on the ground!! Luckily i didn't and we soon got into their car (cars in America are sooooo HUGE!!) and cooled down from the air con :D!!
We had a look around Aunty Helene’s snazzy pad, and soon Hamish and I were in the hot tub as the weather was sweltering!!! (Stewart my other cousin was @ a friend’s pool)
So that sums up day 1, it was very fun, exciting and very tiring!! I went to bed early to catch up on lost sleep!! Hope theses blog don't bore you too much

Day 2 (Day 1 am writing @)

Weather is still very hot, but has a slight breeze so bit easier to cope with!! Yet still boiling!!
We went and had a look around a small part of San Ramon, we strolled around some shops, then went to a bagel bar and had a drink. We later went out to TARGET, our version of Primark :D:D:D:D, I like it there, even though I didn't buy much 😞

That’s our 1st two days gone 😞, lots more to come though!!


Advertisement



7th July 2007

Blogtastic!
It's very exciting to hear what you're doing even though you're so far away. Keep on blogging. Ged (and Fi)
12th July 2007

At last I've managed to find you! Hope you are all well, happy and enjoying the holiday. Time for another entry Ellie. love Barbara

Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0341s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb