SAN FRANCISCO


Advertisement
Published: August 8th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Easter long weekend 2007 we drove the 7 hours up the coast from LA to San Francisco.

Definitely our favourite US city so far it had a bit of everything.

Downtown reminds us of Melbourne with the trams etc but much bigger and better in a London (great shopping)crossed with New York (fire escapes on buildings & hotel porters hailing yellow cabs) kinda way.

There are steep hills everywhere like you see in all the "cop TV shows & movies" with the down hill car chases which were very scary to drive down & up at first.

But the great thing about all the hills is that everywhere you go you can see the water that surrounds the city which looks like Sydney Harbour with all the sail boats etc.

Also all over the San Francisco hills are town houses like you would have see on Full House and Mrs Doubtfire etc, in all different pretty pastel colours, so the city also has a very "European" feel which we loved.

The Golden Gate bridge which is over 2 miles (approx 3.2km) long, and the famous "Alcatraz" island prison are just some of the top tourist
Driving over the Golden Gate bridge
spots that we checked out.

But San Francisco is also any skate boarders "mecca" so Steves highlight of I think our whole time over here so far was checking out all the famous skate spots.

Plus he loved the "skaters/surfers dream city" of Santa Cruz (only 1 hour south of San Francisco), which has the famous "Steamers Lane" surf spot amoung others and is home to (of course) Santa Cruz Skateboards. Plus Santa Cruz also has a great amusement park which is right on the pier at the beach which was pretty cool.





Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 8; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0459s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb