Welcome to the USA...now please join this massive queue


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » San Francisco
December 14th 2019
Published: December 14th 2019
Edit Blog Post

It’s always lovely, when you’re entering a country, particularly after 13 or so hours sitting on a plane, if you’re given the chance to really savour the experience. We were doubly lucky this time - not only did we get an additional hour to sit on the plane waiting for a gate, but once we were graced with one, we got to stand in the immigration queue for another hour, watching the ‘Welcome to the USA’ sign flash repeatedly before our eyes. We felt welcome.

After that, the trip to our accommodation seemed to fly by. The Airbnb apartment is lovely...and we are looking forward to the fog lifting so we can enjoy the view to the city. Had a quick walk to the shops to pick up some supplies then a great Japanese dinner. Then we all passed out...until about 2am when we were all awake and rearing to go!

Before we knew it, 9am had rolled around and our first day of exploring had begun. After battling the kids out of bed, we braved the bus system (cause who doesn’t love a bus?!) and headed to Golden Gate park and the Californian Academy of Sciences. Was an excellent choice for stop #1 - Beeb was a constant source of random animal facts and the rest of us enjoyed the rainforest (hot with many butterflies), aquarium (very big and freaky looking fish) and the planetarium (strangely, had a film about coral, which Beeb already knew about anyway). Highlight was an albino alligator.

Current holiday objectives include mastering this rubbish pounds, ounces and Fahrenheit and avoiding Starbucks! Actually managed a decent coffee today but don’t imagine this will last!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.114s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0589s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb