California so far


Advertisement
Published: February 5th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Hi everyone, have been in US a few days now, stayed a night in downtown LA and Hollywood (walked down the avenue of stars) before setting off on the drive to San Francisco. A bit far to go in one day so had a night over in Monterey and had some very nice seafood!!

Great to be driving and independent after so long sticking to bus timetables, only annoyance is paying tax (anything from 7-15%) on top of every listed price whenever you buy something, which you always forget to take into account. What a stupid system!!!!

Now in San Francisco, going to see the Goldengate bridge today and a tour to Alcatraz tomorrow before heading off to stay a few nights in Yosemite national park and do some walking amongst waterfalls, mountains etc.

Internet access is a lot harder to come by in the US, seems everywhere has free wi-fi for those with laptops but not many places have desktops for us to use so depending whether or not this trend continues we may struggle to keep up to date with this blog.

Hope everyone is well and see you all next month!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0424s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb